Author Topic: STart of FSDT Installer opens SODE update webpage  (Read 690 times)

Blackbox

STart of FSDT Installer opens SODE update webpage
« on: October 14, 2023, 04:47:07 pm »
Hi,

last weekend I checked for updates with the FSDT installer, everything was normal.
Today I checkt for updates, started the FSDT installer an within the browser a page from sode with the download opens. Not once, everytime I open the installer.
I only have GSX for FS2020 so I don't know why.

Yes, I have GSX vor die "old" flight sim and P3D but not installed. As far as I know, SODE is not for the 2020.

Does the FSDT installer realy opens https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?wpdmpro=sode-v1-8-0 ?

Thanks and best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: STart of FSDT Installer opens SODE update webpage
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 10:41:15 am »
The FSDT installer opens the SODE web page because:

- You have one of the simulators supported by SODE still installed (FSX or P3D)

- Your existing copy of SODE is outdated, so the installer directs you to the download page.

So, the simplest solution is just...update SODE

Blackbox

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 01:54:31 pm »
Ok thanks,

Just wondered because there is no Addon via the FSDT Universal Installer for FS X oder P3D available nor activated.
I use the Universal installer only for MSFS 2020.

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 01:12:02 pm »
Just wondered because there is no Addon via the FSDT Universal Installer for FS X oder P3D available nor activated. I use the Universal installer only for MSFS 2020.

As I've said, what FSDT add-ons you have installed or not doesn't matter. It's because you DO have either P3D or FSX installed AND your SODE is outdated, that you are prompted to update it so, again, since at least one the simulators that supports SODE are found, the easiest solution to get rid of the message is...update SODE.