Author Topic: Removing Default Jetways and SODE  (Read 647 times)

BillGradwell

Removing Default Jetways and SODE
« on: June 26, 2023, 08:28:53 am »
Good Morning

EDDF - I am able to remove the default Jetways by selecting the exclude jetways method and compiling the exclusion.

When I run the simulator the default jetways are removed. However when I activate SODE the default Jetways re-appear

P3dv5 latest version and all updates done on GSX including the GSX 2 expansion

Please advise

Regards
Bill Gradwell
South Africa

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Removing Default Jetways and SODE
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 01:04:00 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "default jetways", because default jetways are automatically removed when installing GSX or (after a sim update) with the GSX Control Panel, without any need to create an Exclusion file.

If with "default jetways", instead of default jetways, you mean "the jetways the scenery originally came with", this changes a lot depending if the jetways the scenery originally came with were made using the standard system (so they operate with CTRL+J), or they were made with SODE.

- If they are made using the standard system, it's not possible they would reappear by enabling SODE, since SODE has no way to make standard jetway appear or disappear

- If they are made with SODE, you are not supposed or required to create a GSX Exclusion file to remove them. Instead, you must remove their XML file in the %PROGRAMDATA%\12bpilot\SODE\XML folder, that's the only way to remove SODE jetways.

BillGradwell

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 08:27:54 pm »
Thanks Umbretto

With EGLL when I load Aerosoft Mega Airport Professional P3D5 all well. After a couple of flights with other destinations - I note what i believe to be the original P3Dv5 EGLL load and I have for instance two sets of taxi lines and some duplicate buildings
I delete EGLL and reload Aerosoft software and all okay then.

Any idea how to get rid of the original P3Dv5 rendition.
Best Regards
Bill Gradwell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 01:27:08 pm »
Any idea how to get rid of the original P3Dv5 rendition

Be sure the add-on scenery is on a higher layer than the default scenery.