Author Topic: Error On Installation of V1.3  (Read 5799 times)

fbass

Error On Installation of V1.3
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:05:43 pm »
In addition to the other woes I have with this new Zurich package, I get the following error message when I execute the installer:

Internal Error:Expression error'Runtime Error (at 14:710):'//176' is not a valid integer value'

fb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error On Installation of V1.3
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:12:39 pm »
You probably have a scenery.cfg or a DLL.XML with a syntax error due to hand editing it.  the // looks like a comment manually added, but scenery.cfg it's an INI file and DLL.XML an XML file, they shouldn't include C/C++ comments...

It might be useful if you could send me your scenery.cfg and dll.xml, to see where's the problem. This will help making the installer more resilient when config files hand-edited with errors are present.

It's better if you use email, because the forum software might change files to fit posting rules.

Note: scenery.cfg that FSX actually uses is under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

fbass

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 02:44:30 pm »
I haven't addressed the V1.3 installation yet but I did find the problem with a mismatched section in the dll.xml file.  This section was for the SDK Mission Creation Kit.  I don't know how these mismatches occur but this is getting out of hand.

Anyway, the Addon Manager finally shows up and the Zurich scenery is back online.  I'll try the 1.3 installation again to see if all of this fixes that problem.

Thanks for staying with all of us on this issue.  My suggestion to everyone is to check to ensure that for every <Launch.Addon> section, you must have a </Launch.Addon> section termination entry.  This applies to the dll.xml and EXE.xml files.  Just use Notepad to open/edit these files.  As our host has stated - it really does make a difference.

Frank

fbass

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »
OK, the V1.3 installation still has the stated error.  However, now this version appears under the Control Panel, Programs and Features list.  The entry was not there before.  I've checked the EXE.xml and the dll.xml files for mismatches.

fb

fbass

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:53:47 pm »
I took out the comments line in my FSX.cfg file but it didn't make any difference as far as Zurich goes.

fb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:08:09 pm »
FSX.cfg file doesn't have anything to do with Zurich installation. It's SCENERY.cfg that perhaps has a problem.

If you already had Zurich before (perhaps, manually added to the Scenery Library), even with the error, the scenery will work the same, because probably the error apparently happens in the first stage of scenery.cfg parsing, when installer tries to find if you already have an entry for Zurich, in order not to create a double one.

Can you please send it to me via email ? If you fix it yourself, we'll never get the chance to add another special case to it, and make the installer as bullet-proof as possible.

fbass

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:14:31 pm »
Sorry, I mistyped my last post.  It wasn't the FSX.cfg file - it was the scenery.cfg file.  My bad.  Anyway, it didn't make any difference.  I've already sent the two files you asked for.

Frank