Author Topic: GSX goes crazy  (Read 846 times)

BillGradwell

GSX goes crazy
« on: May 08, 2023, 06:48:58 pm »
Hello Support

When entering the edit mode to customize the aircraft or any item - the program goes totally crazy.

Aircraft spinning around uncontrollably and the only recover is to exit P3dv5 completely.

I have all the latest updates for GSX and GSX2

I have re-installed all the software including P3dV5

Any ideas what I can do

Best Regards
Bill Gradwell

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX goes crazy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 10:33:03 pm »
Check your control assignments, make sure you don't have any of your hardware using any of the assignments in slew mode.
Captain Kevin

BillGradwell

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 07:45:33 am »
Captain. Not sure what you mean - please expand on what I need to check

Many Thanks
Bill Gradwell

yurirodin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 01:13:02 pm »
In P3D menu go to Options - Controls... on the left side select axis assignments, then at the top select Flight Mode and Slew from the drop down menu. Make sure there are no hardware controllers assigned there. If there are, delete them.  If using FSUIPC for all your controllers and all their assignments including slew, you can just go to Other Controls in the menu and under Controllers, uncheck the Enable Controller(s) box. That will solve your problem too.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 01:40:34 pm »
In P3D menu go to Options - Controls... on the left side select axis assignments, then at the top select Flight Mode and Slew from the drop down menu. Make sure there are no hardware controllers assigned there. If there are, delete them.  If using FSUIPC for all your controllers and all their assignments including slew, you can just go to Other Controls in the menu and under Controllers, uncheck the Enable Controller(s) box. That will solve your problem too.
This. When you're customizing positions, GSX puts the airplane in slew mode, so the controls for slew mode become active.
Captain Kevin

BillGradwell

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 08:08:55 pm »
Thanks Yurirodin and Captain

Seems I had slew controls assigned - removed and now able to go into edit

Many Thanks
Bill Gradwell