Author Topic: Flightplan mismatch with simbrief on 2nd leg  (Read 1112 times)

Soso330

Flightplan mismatch with simbrief on 2nd leg
« on: April 24, 2023, 09:52:05 pm »
Hey,

Just found a bug when doing multiple legs, on second leg GSX wont load simbrief. i only get a "the loaded flightplan doesnt match the one on simbrief" message.

Re-generating Flightplan on SimBrief - Does not fix it
Redoing the flightplan on SimBrief - Does not fix it
Click "reload simbrief" on GSX Menu - Does not fix it
Close and open GSX from the MSFS bar - Does not fix it
Restart Couatl SysTray - Does not fix it
"Restart Couatl" on GSX menu - Does not fix it

Any ideas?

Justinthomas7

Re: Flightplan mismatch with simbrief on 2nd leg
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 01:01:18 am »
I think it's always been this way.

It's because MSFS2020 doesn't let you fly multiple legs without returning to the main menu and restarting, and if these airports don't match Simbrief (which they don't for the second leg) you get a mismatch.

Soso330

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 06:46:07 am »
I think it's always been this way.

It's because MSFS2020 doesn't let you fly multiple legs without returning to the main menu and restarting, and if these airports don't match Simbrief (which they don't for the second leg) you get a mismatch.
Then it must be a new issue with MSFS, because up until now i could do multiple legs with only 2 small issues, MSFS "copilot controls communications" stopped working on second leg and GSXs pushback didnt release the plane so you had to restart couatl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 12:00:25 pm »
Just found a bug when doing multiple legs, on second leg GSX wont load simbrief. i only get a "the loaded flightplan doesnt match the one on simbrief" message.

Why you think it's a "bug" ? It's just there's an active default MSFS flightplan, and it won't be canceled until you go back to the Main Menu, that's how the MSFS planner works, GSX is correctly telling you there's a mismatch between the flightplan on Simbrief and the one in the default planner, because there is.

Soso330

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 08:15:07 pm »

Why you think it's a "bug" ? It's just there's an active default MSFS flightplan, and it won't be canceled until you go back to the Main Menu, that's how the MSFS planner works, GSX is correctly telling you there's a mismatch between the flightplan on Simbrief and the one in the default planner, because there is.
Because it has worked since i started using GSX many months ago (except that the pushback tug wont release the plane on 2nd leg) and now just recently it just doesnt let me do it anymore, thats why i thought that it must be a bug with either GSX or MSFS

Justinthomas7

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 01:15:49 am »
I fly multiple legs all the time and have no issues, except from the message about the simbrief mismatch.

If you're having functional issues like pushback not working I don't think it's to do with this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 08:54:25 am »
MSFS "copilot controls communications" stopped working on second leg and GSXs pushback didnt release the plane so you had to restart couatl

You shouldn't use that option while on ground, because when it's active the copilot will do things on its own, like operating the jetways or even starting (default) Pushback, and that will surely cause issues with GSX. It's best if you turn it on only after Pushback, when you are done with GSX.

Soso330

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 11:46:34 am »
MSFS "copilot controls communications" stopped working on second leg and GSXs pushback didnt release the plane so you had to restart couatl

You shouldn't use that option while on ground, because when it's active the copilot will do things on its own, like operating the jetways or even starting (default) Pushback, and that will surely cause issues with GSX. It's best if you turn it on only after Pushback, when you are done with GSX.
I know, i always turn it off after i have landed, what i ment was that after pushback on the second leg i used to try and activate "copilot controls communications" and it never worked, but it was also the only thing that didnt work