Author Topic: LSZH too much short haul planes at gate E. Solutions?  (Read 1301 times)

Yapoyapo2

LSZH too much short haul planes at gate E. Solutions?
« on: July 17, 2023, 09:48:07 am »
Hey, as a LSZH-Lover I would love too see the Gate E full of long haul planes. I noticed that only a small fraction of the traffic is long haul traffic. I guess many gates are too small for the long haul planes. I think that might also cause the fact that the landed big planes don‘t park on the straight line.

Is there a solution to fix this issue so that i can see more long haul planes parked correctly in the gate E?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: LSZH too much short haul planes at gate E. Solutions?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 01:00:26 am »
 I assume that you are using MSFS?  Asobo created for whatever reason an extra 3m ring around parking spots. What effect this has is that any slightest overlap will cause traffic not to be able to use those spots so dev's had to make the parking spots MUCH smaller than in P3d just to make the parking spots fit.

For pretty much this reason alone, I changed my ai to PSXT Real Traffic which doesn't have this issue as it doesn't use the wingspans of the ai. Traffic parks where they do in real life without having to have a modified or airline coded ade/afcad.

Yapoyapo2

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 11:33:09 am »
Thank you a lot Dave_YVR

You saved my day. This is exactly what I was looking for. Well I have a question regarding the live traffic. The traffic won‘t interact with the ATC. Is there a solution to like communicate with the other planes?

Greetings, Yapoyapo2

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 06:40:15 pm »
The traffic won‘t interact with the ATC. Is there a solution to like communicate with the other planes?

Unfortunately no, as the active traffic is truly live and not being mishandled by the AI engine of the sim. The default ATC wouldn't be able to keep up with moving traffic properly.
 The downsides are tiny compared to the upsides imo.