Author Topic: Unofficial F/A-18 Board  (Read 4552 times)

Razgriz

Unofficial F/A-18 Board
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »
FSDreamTeam gets a lot of traffic from the mods and other stuff posted on here about the VRS and the default F/A-18.  That can turn into profit because they see the scenery, and possibly tell their friends.  Its free advertising, nothing to get upset about.

If all else fails, off to another board we fly.

neutrino

Re: Unofficial F/A-18 Board
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:33:36 pm »
I think mentioning the Superbug, or one of Dino's aircraft (or any other aircraft/add-on/scenery), will not be a problem, as long as we don't turn the forum into another product support forum, which is where the VRS discussion went.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:23:05 am »
Totally with Neutrino on this...it's a lively board and the lynchpin is still FSDT's F/A-18.

There are so many great conversations about the F/A-18, and everything surrounding it, here. As long as we don't go too far "off piste", everything is good!

Just my tuppence worth.

-Voodoo
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:49:41 am »
as long as we don't turn the forum into another product support forum, which is where the VRS discussion went.

Exactly, that was the main reason of why those posts were removed. It's ok to generally discuss something about other products but, support questions have no place here.

And not because we are against the VRS product/people in any way. Rather the opposite: as far as I recall, the VRS support forum is only open for registered customers that purchased the product. Since we don't support piracy in any way (including against other fellow developers), we can't just transform this forum into a way to get support without being entitled to. Since we can't obviously check who's a legit VRS customer and who isn't, there's no other way than simply not accepting any support discussions here.

SUBS17

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:26:25 pm »
I think the acceleration Hornet is quite good for carriersops when it was released and its very cool seeing how the Hornet addon has evolved since then with MP CarrierOps and TACAN/ILS for moving carriers. The acceleration Hornet is discussed about just as much on the VRS forums because of that and the VRS Superhornet is discussed alot here because its the next addon to be released. I'm sure the next addon from FSDT would probably recieve just as much attention on the VRS forums.