Author Topic: Jetways do not operate at LFPO  (Read 1996 times)

Faize31

Jetways do not operate at LFPO
« on: March 24, 2023, 10:39:02 am »
Hi,
Since the SU12 update, I updated with the FSDT installer, I have version 2.4.2, I update from FSDT live update, it stops at 2% and then goes closes on its own. When I go to an airport it works except that of LFPO, I have the error file attached. What should I do ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways do not operate at LFPO
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 10:43:11 am »
It's a known issue caused by a conflict between the Asobo Voloport ( VOLC2 ) airport and LFPO, which makes jetways reporting bad data to GSX using the Navdata.

Remove it from the Content Manager by searching by list instead of by package, search for "Voloport" and Delete it. Do it from the Content Manager only, do not remove its package manually.

danhenri

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 11:45:35 am »
Hello,
I have the same issue with LFPO. Could you please be more precise about the file or folder to remove from the "Official/OneStore/microsoft-airport-voloport/scenery/microsoft/voloport" folder ? I cannot see anything related to "VOLC2"...
Thanks for your assistance,
Daniel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 11:56:05 am »
Could you please be more precise about the file or folder to remove

Please re-read my reply more carefully, which was quite precise and it told you exactly what you need to do, and what you should not do.

Remove it from the Content Manager by searching by list instead of by package, search for "Voloport" and Delete it. Do it from the Content Manager only, do not remove its package manually.

- "Remove it from the Content Manager", means don't remove files/folders manually, but use the Content Manager to search for that airport and remove it.

- "searching by list instead of by package", means clicking the "list" icon in the Content Manager ( instead of the "Package" icon ), so you can search for that individual airport that makes up a larger Package Bundle that contains it. That's how you remove individual airports from World updates, without removing the whole world update package.

The reasons for this, is to remove it properly, and prevent the simulator to redownload it automatically on the next restart.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:57:48 am by virtuali »

danhenri

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 12:41:12 pm »
OK, it works fine now.

PS : it would be kind of you to have more respect regarded the questions asked from your customers. I read you "carefully". But what is clear for you, as a developper, is not always so for everybody. I never had to remove a scenery before from MSFS content manager. That's why I did not understand that this scenery has to be removed inside the sim running. What is a "known issue" for you was not for us before this issue was reported.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 01:07:20 pm »
it would be kind of you to have more respect regarded the questions asked from your customers.

Nobody has been "unrespectful", of course.

- Saying "it's a know issue", doesn't mean you are being blamed for not knowing, neither implies anything other than what it says: that is a known issue and we are already aware of it.

- You said I had to be more precise, with a question about which "files to remove", made in reply to a sentence were I explicitly said not to remove anything manually.

That can only means you didn't read my reply carefully enough, which of course doesn't mean being unrespectful.

In fact, it means exactly the opposite: you must haven't read the reply carefully enough, because the alternative would have been you did read it carefully, but you failed to understand it. That would have been a bit unrespectful to say, but I didn't said that.

I never had to remove a scenery before from MSFS content manager.

Don't see why this would be a reason to ignore why I specifically said to do that and not remove files.

In fact, I might say is in fact a bit unrespectful to ask how to do things your way (manually removing files), instead of trusting what I said (use the Content Manager instead).

Faize31

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 01:46:11 pm »
Thank you for answering so quickly. I have read your various answers several times, but I am missing information that may be logical for you. Where can I find the content manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 01:59:16 pm »
Where can I find the content manager?

In the Profile tab of the main MSFS screen.