Author Topic: Flickering & Bleeding issue  (Read 43462 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flickering & Bleeding issue
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 03:12:58 pm »
Went back and found the post on avsim where afcad maker Jim Vile found the texture bleed through problem with KATL (its post # 115):

Checked this and, it's not exactly the same issue, because both our main airport elevation and all the runways were set exactly to the same height to the latest decimal. However, they where both set at 12.9999 ft, and the flatten mesh we included with 1.0.3 patch is set at 13.018049ft so maybe the issue is similar.

I think it IS video-card dependent, because it might be related to the Z-buffer resolution.

Find attached a modified AFCAD, is exactly the same than the one that comes with the scenery, but the altititude is set to 13.2 ft, which should be enough.

Let me know how it works because, I can't see any difference with either AFCADs (I'm using an ATI, BTW)

B777ER

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 03:10:13 am »
Umberto,

Ok, will give this a try but likely will not be until Monday or Tuesday before I can test it. I also think this will fix the issue. BTW, I am using an ATI card as well. Two 1GB 5800 series cards.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:11:53 am by B777ER »
Eric

hero93

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 06:47:28 pm »
It looks like it solved my problem.

9Y-POS

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 07:38:09 pm »
OK i can report the issue is still there but not that much, it was a huge improvement. I can actually see the centreline of the runway now ;D I think with just a bit more tweeking, we should have perfection!

johndrago

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 07:03:32 pm »
I get this as well. Landed on 8L and expereienced this issue. Horrible looking bleed through. Never seen this with any other FSDT scenery.

I just saw this for the first time last night.  I was landing on 8L, and when I was about 50 feet from touchdown, the bleed through showed up, and followed me the length of runway, until I turned off.  I don't have any other AFCADS, traffic apps, or mesh.

I'm running 1.03

I will try the modified AFCAD. By the way, I'm using an Nvidia card.

- John
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:09:43 pm by johndrago »

johndrago

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 05:52:06 am »
I get this as well. Landed on 8L and expereienced this issue. Horrible looking bleed through. Never seen this with any other FSDT scenery.

I just saw this for the first time last night.  I was landing on 8L, and when I was about 50 feet from touchdown, the bleed through showed up, and followed me the length of runway, until I turned off.  I don't have any other AFCADS, traffic apps, or mesh.

I'm running 1.03

- John

Ok, I have an update.  I just tried again by going directly to PHNL starting at 8L.  I don't see it now.  I didn't update the AFCAD yet, but for some reason, I can't make it happen.  The only difference between when I saw it yesterday, and now is that I flew a flight from KLAX to PHNL using the LDS 767.  This time, I just went directly to the airport.  Strange...  I even have a screenshot from when it happened.  See attached.

Thanks,

John

9Y-POS

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 11:50:41 am »

I'm running 1.03

- John

Ok, I have an update.  I just tried again by going directly to PHNL starting at 8L.  I don't see it now.  I didn't update the AFCAD yet, but for some reason, I can't make it happen.  The only difference between when I saw it yesterday, and now is that I flew a flight from KLAX to PHNL using the LDS 767.  This time, I just went directly to the airport.  Strange...  I even have a screenshot from when it happened.  See attached.

Thanks,

John

That's the odd thing it only happens for the most part when you arrive at PHNL and not when you're leaving, dunno?

johndrago

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 07:49:57 pm »

That's the odd thing it only happens for the most part when you arrive at PHNL and not when you're leaving, dunno?

Yes, that's what I was trying to say in a long winded way!  Why does it only happen when arriving, and not when starting from PHNL?  Thanks for making it simple.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 09:13:38 pm »
Please, let's try not to digress: is everybody using the updated AFCAD ? Have you seen any difference ?

9Y-POS

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
Please, let's try not to digress: is everybody using the updated AFCAD ? Have you seen any difference ?

Yes, i installed the updated afcad and there was a marked improvement, i'm hoping  with a little more tweaking it would be perfect.

hero93

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 12:53:57 am »
It looks like it solved my problem.

I have to report, that I still have the problem.
I noticed it landing on Runway 4R and at the Military-Apron.

I have an ATI, as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 01:33:38 am »

As I've said, it's more important to know if you see a *difference*, compared to the normal version without the updated AFCAD

johndrago

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 01:34:17 am »

As I've said, it's more important to know if you see a *difference*, compared to the normal version without the updated AFCAD

I installed the new AFCAD last night.  The problem is (like we mentioned earlier), is that I don't see the bleeding on 8L when starting a flight from PHNL.  The only time was after a flight from KLAX to PHNL.  I will duplicate the flight to PHNL this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »
The problem is (like we mentioned earlier), is that I don't see the bleeding on 8L when starting a flight from PHNL.

Ok, this is interesting to know (although we don't have any idea why it would work on departing, and not on arriving) but, assumed the problems happens only when arriving, do you see any difference between the released version and the AFCAD posted on this thread ?

johndrago

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:02 am »
The problem is (like we mentioned earlier), is that I don't see the bleeding on 8L when starting a flight from PHNL.

Ok, this is interesting to know (although we don't have any idea why it would work on departing, and not on arriving) but, assumed the problems happens only when arriving, do you see any difference between the released version and the AFCAD posted on this thread ?

Ok, I just tested another flight with the new AFCAD, and the problem is still there.  The AFCAD didn't make a difference for 8L.  Again, it only happens when flying to PHNL, not starting from PHNL. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John