Author Topic: GSX Main Menu Stuck on Loading  (Read 3107 times)

Zakire

GSX Main Menu Stuck on Loading
« on: January 22, 2023, 06:37:57 pm »
Hello,

I'm facing issues with GSX for MSFS ever since I bought it. Actually never got it to work.
As soon as I launches the simulator, the GSX main menu is opened as it should (I suppose), as well as the Coault process is launched. However, I never see anything else more then "Loading GSX Menu, please wait...".
It doesn't really matter what airport I'm at (obviously I haven't tried them all ;)).

I know the menu is supposed to load some time, but even if I wait 20 minutes, nothing else pops up.
Ther's nothing going on in the logs after "Creating model cache..." and "Model cache loaded".

I'm using the PMDG 737-800 aircraft, and GSX is the latest version as of 2023-01-21, updated with the offline installer (and then with the FSDT Installer as per instructions).
MSFS is running version 1.29.30.0.

I've tried with both Navdata API turned on and off.

The complete log file from my last test, with Navdata API turned on, is attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Main Menu Stuck on Loading
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 07:02:38 pm »
Do you still have the Couatl program running when this happens ? Trying to understand if it crashed, or if Simconnect stopped responding.

Zakire

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 07:19:06 pm »
Coault running fine all the time. The systray icon is working as expected, that is I can restart it and open the About dialog.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 07:39:08 pm »
Coault running fine all the time. The systray icon is working as expected, that is I can restart it and open the About dialog.

Do you use AI Injection perhaps ?

Zakire

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 08:37:34 pm »
Yes, I'm using FSLTL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 10:48:54 pm »
Try lowering your AI settings: when the maximum number of objects visible in the sim is reached, Simconnect breaks and stops talking to us, which causes exactly that: the program get stuck doing nothing, because it's not being called back by Simconnect, which acts like its own "clock".

At default airports, you can also Disable the "Ground Clutter" option in the GSX Config Panel ( and then run a GSX UPDATE/CHECK again ), so a more lightweight version of the GSX jetway replacement files will be installer, which includes only jetways and nothing else so, at least at default airports, GSX won't contribute to increase the number of objects in the sim.

karspilot

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 01:53:40 pm »
I'm having this issue as well.

I noticed that it is probably happening mainly at large airports like EGLL. It might be helpful to first spawn on the apron, and after that load utils like FSLTL or PSXT, instead of loading the AI utils before running the sim.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 01:58:55 pm by karspilot »