Author Topic: GSX stuck in trial mode even after attempting the qlm fix  (Read 1717 times)

HELP PLS

GSX stuck in trial mode even after attempting the qlm fix
« on: September 24, 2022, 10:23:02 pm »
Hello, so my gsx has been having issues and I managed to get it to start in trial mode, but now it is stuck in trial mode and it does not fix when I open the license wizard and do the fix. And umberto dont you dare say that it is human error because I followed the instructions and this is an issue with your product.

HELP PLS

Re: GSX stuck in trial mode even after attempting the qlm fix
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 10:27:37 pm »
I was doing a landing challenge and the gsx menu opened and it was not in trial mode, idk why

HELP PLS

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 06:49:37 pm »
I just tired it again and its still in trial mode. I am running the license manager with my accounts perms and if I run couatl as admin it says cannot find valid AFCAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 07:19:30 pm »
I am running the license manager with my accounts perms

As already confirmed, multiple times, the License Wizard method works for non-admin users. If it doesn't work for you, the only possible reason is the user you are running the License Wizard with, is not the same user you are running GSX.

f I run couatl as admin it says cannot find valid AFCAD.

Then follow the instructions in the Sticky thread to create a log:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

Roter_Zwerg

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 09:19:46 pm »
I have the same problem. I tried the qlm method once and it worked. After it worked one time and gsx crashed it didn´t work again.
I updated gsx with the addon manager and tried a clean reinstall but nothing seems to work.
I have the log attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 05:43:26 pm »
I have the same problem. I tried the qlm method once and it
 orked. After it worked one time and gsx crashed it didn´t work again. I updated gsx with the addon manager and tried a clean reinstall but nothing seems to work. I have the log attached

Your log shows GSX is in Trial mode, but it then shows the simulator crashed ( or maybe you quit ), so GSX closed because the simulator closed.

Roter_Zwerg

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 04:09:20 pm »
Yea the fact that its in trial mode is the problem.
Thats why i posted a reply on this forum.
And yes I exited the sim afterwards.
So how can you help me to fix this.
Which logs or whatever do you need ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 03:52:32 pm »
If your user has limited permissions, there are no other solutions other than using the manual QLM method to activate, which has been reported to be working by several users.

If it's now in Trial, it means you must have changed the users you are running MSFS with, so activate it again using the QLM method with the current user.

I strongly suggest giving your user full permission instead, which will make everything ( even not related to GSX ) working more reliably.

RichardV

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 04:21:50 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Just to advise you that I have today posted a new topic that might help with this issue. It is titled "How to Get GSX Pro Working for MSFS 2020 in Non-admin Account" (https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28730.0.html).

Hope this helps...

Richard