Author Topic: More Realistic RPMs on Approach  (Read 10759 times)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: More Realistic RPMs on Approach
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:42 pm »
Thanks for your tweaks zip package Sludge.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 07:23:12 pm »
No problem fellers...

I will include the wingvapor and the ExhaustSmoke install folders on another .zip download when I get home.  And if you dont care to install, you dont HAVE TO exclude the lines in the panel.cfg and the aircraft.cfg, as the effects simply will not work.  You will however, still get the benefit of the new .air file paramters along with landing gear specs and more realistically powered Hornet.  Speaking of which, in my add-ons list, I forgot to say I also have the volumetric "3D" condensation jet trail.  Its quite the looker at 32k.  It also makes all the other jet trails thicker too and they dont have the cut-offs of the old jet trails.  You know, those same cut-off lines we used to get from the wake of carriers.

Other than that, if you have installed the modification, please give me some feedback when able.  Especially Spaz, Paco, and Sonofa... as I know you guys have a good FEEL for realism.  I would like to know if it "feels right", needs some adjusting (ie, too underpowered on the bottom of the approach bucket), or if you made some mods yourself and have added to what I sent out.

Thanks for the ideas Orion, might just do that for MP sessions.

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 05:28:08 pm »
Hi Sludge
I like your tweaks but miss some of the effects:

6. Wing Vapor (same effect as Blue Angels current mod but with lower application points... quite simply, you can get it to trigger/happen more often)
7. Darker smoke that trails the aircraft at/above 88 percent N2.

and namely fx_EG_Smoke_fa18, fx_landing_light_Dante_sm, fx_fuselage_light_Dante...

Where can I get those?

Thanks!

Want it done right? Do it yourself!