Author Topic: FSDT Black Friday Sale 2022  (Read 5399 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
FSDT Black Friday Sale 2022
« on: November 23, 2022, 10:31:07 am »
Dear forum users,

We are starting our Black Friday sale today, which will last until December 1st, and it's available here, on Simmarket and the MS Marketplace. All products, except GSX Pro, are discounted by 40%, by inserting the following code in the "Redeem Code" data field during the ordering process.

FSDTBF2022

GSX Pro will be discounted by 25% automatically, with no need to insert any code. This way, if you want to order GSX Pro together with other products, insert the code and any other products will get a 40% discount, while GSX Pro will be discounted by 25%.

If you only need to order GSX Pro, there's nothing to do, the price has been temporarily lowered from 29$ to 21.75$ during the sale.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 10:36:24 am by virtuali »

a320wolf

Re: FSDT Black Friday Sale 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 12:39:13 pm »
Hi!
When GSX for MSFS will be available through Simmarket?

Thanks, regards
Massimo

dimkzr

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 02:23:21 pm »
When GSX for MSFS will be available through Simmarket?

+1

I'm not willing to buy anything through Shareit.

fabristunt

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 02:28:15 pm »
It does not work. I bought GSX and I had to pay full price. Already sent an email.
I guess some things never change...

Tobus

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 03:15:52 pm »
sales page on website shows regular price in Euro's, so waiting until that is fixed up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 06:03:28 pm »
There's nothing to fix, I checked the pages, even switching different currencies, and the price is correct for all of them.

In addition to that, I also checked all of today sales and, after around 10:00 AM (CET) when the sale started, there isn't a single sale that was priced at the old 29.00 USD price so yes, the discount DOES WORK.

Surely, not everybody paid exactly 21.75 USD because, of course, depending on your country of residence, VAT/Sales taxes will be applied when due so, if you are in an high VAT country, you might assume you paid "full price", when in fact it was just the VAT added.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 06:06:51 pm »
It does not work. I bought GSX and I had to pay full price. Already sent an email.
I guess some things never change...

I don't know what you are trying to say or imply with "some things never change" but, you HAVE paid 21.75 USD, check your receipt again. Your mistake it's just you haven't took into account VAT, which of course would have been added just the same to the original 29.00 USD price so no, you paid the correct price.

fabristunt

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 07:37:18 pm »
Ok, I found the issue. It's the USD-EUR conversion that is basically a robbery. 21.75 $ should be under € 21, not € 23.02.
I don't believe FSDT has any control over it, so it was just an unfortunate coincidence it added up to 29$.

ytzpilot

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 09:48:36 pm »
I live in New Zealand we have really bad exchange rates, but I will say the purchase page couldn't be more clear before you purchase:

Total:  44.37 NZD
(includes 15% GST to 38.58 NZD: 5.79 NZD)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 10:32:55 pm »
Ok, I found the issue. It's the USD-EUR conversion that is basically a robbery. 21.75 $ should be under € 21, not € 23.02.I don't believe FSDT has any control over it, so it was just an unfortunate coincidence it added up to 29$

Of course we have no control over it. You control which currency you want to pay!

By default, Digital River ( as soon you click the Buy button, you are no longer on FSDT site ) will set the page to the currency and language according by your IP. But that's only an initial setting, you can change both settings, and decide to pay in the way that gives you the best exchange rate.

Usually, it's best to pay in the current the site works with ( our prices are only set in USD ), and let your payment provider doing the exchange. You will never get the exact "interbank" rate you see on sites like Bloomberg or Oanda, some fee will surely be applied, but it's usually the best way. PayPal is likely worse, but the worse of all is letting Digital River doing the conversion for you. I think Digital River keep higher margins, to protect themselves against currency variations between the time you pay them, and they pay us ( about 1 month ).

In no circumstances, we are even "pocketing" the exchange rates. All we ever get, is the NET price in USD so, regardless of how much you paid and how, we always get 21.75 USD for each sale, minus Digital River fees, of course.

This of course is how our site always worked in years, Currency conversions and sales Taxes always worked like this but, for some strange reason, these issues always seem to be a problem when there's a sale.

lorenzoguidotti

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 11:04:44 am »
the code FSDTBF2022 is invalid

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 04:10:17 pm »
the code FSDTBF2022 is invalid

Your likely mistake is that you tried to use it to buy GSX Pro and nothing else, which as clearly indicated in the top post of the announcement, won't work with the code:

GSX Pro will be discounted by 25% automatically, with no need to insert any code. This way, if you want to order GSX Pro together with other products, insert the code and any other products will get a 40% discount, while GSX Pro will be discounted by 25%.

Which means, if you try to use the code, and the ONLY product you are ordering is GSX Pro, it will obviously say the code is invalid, because it's 40% discount code only valid for ALL the OTHER products, so they could be purchased TOGETHER with GSX Pro, and still get their 40% discount, while GSX Pro is only and always getting a fixed 25% discount.

Also, don't do the mistake of others, and assume GSX Pro is "not discounted", just because you didn't pay attention to VAT and you used Digital River automatic currency conversion. As I already explained in my previous post, it's best to select to be billed in USD so, the GSX Pro price will be:

21.75 USD + VAT

The regular price would have been 29.00 USD + VAT so yes, the 25% automatic discount DOES WORK.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 04:12:15 pm by virtuali »

lorenzoguidotti

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 11:51:59 pm »
Ok Thank you

Maverick3333

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2022, 10:47:08 am »
Code not valid

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2022, 03:11:27 pm »
Code not valid

The previous post of mine explains exactly why.