Author Topic: Zurich9 problem at FS9 startup  (Read 4866 times)

stan33

Zurich9 problem at FS9 startup
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:39:58 pm »
Hello FsDreamTeam,

Great looking scenery, from what I have seen here at least! I am getting the following Windows Fatal error message (red circle with white cross next to message) "Can't copy esellerateengine.dll in the Windows Folder!"  FS9 does eventually boot up/start but I cannot buy the product (even when in windowed mode)

I look forward to hearing from you so I can purchase and enjoy what I am sure is a wonderful product

Many Thanks

Stan.

stan33

Re: Zurich9 problem at FS9 startup
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:04:38 pm »
Whoops, forgot to say...I am using Vista 32bit Home Premium Edition.

Regards,

Stan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:50:18 pm »
First, please ensure you are using the very latest version of the installer. You might try just the stand-alone Addon Manager installer (look the products page) if you don't want to download the full product again. If you don't have Zurich 1.2 yet, much better to get it now.

Also, check your user login in Vista has administrative rights on the machine. If not, you might try running FS9 in Administrator mode at least once, to give the program a chance to install Esellerate library into the system.

Another solution, is to turn off UAC in Vista:

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

stan33

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:32:29 pm »
Hi Thanks for the reply, I figured it out. i turned off UAC! But now it has caused all sorts of problems else where in my FS9!! >:(
I have lost all ATC and have had to reload UT Europe, 3rd Party Aircraft etc etc... nevermind. Actually if anyone has any ideas how I can get ATC back I would appreciate the help but I know this the Zurich9 forum!

regards, ,

Stan.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:56:09 pm »
Hi Thanks for the reply, I figured it out. i turned off UAC! But now it has caused all sorts of problems else where in my FS9!!

That can't be. Turning off UAC, instead, should probably fix a lot of problems with programs not specifically designed for Vista. There's probably something strange going on with registry and user permissions on your machine. Yes, reinstalling apps with UAC off might help.