Author Topic: Update GSX - is it safe now, or better wait a little bit longer?  (Read 9151 times)

Papacoach

Re: Update GSX - is it safe now, or better wait a little bit longer?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2022, 11:14:44 pm »
Yes, it quits when it's finished with the fsdt products detected on your system. 37 is the total possible products I believe.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:22:32 pm by Papacoach »

roadrabbit

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2022, 11:25:46 pm »
I have just updated.

Well ....... Step 4 (the last step to update on my system) happens to be LSGG Geneva Cointrin airport. As above the updater then quits - which may be correct for my system.

GSX then works fine for LSGG. However it still does not work for my UK2000 airports (as stated elsewhere) such as EGLL, EGPH, EGPD etc, etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2022, 11:44:59 pm »
I just ran it.  It said it was doing Step 1,2 and 3 of 37 for GSX Pro.  Jumped then to step 5 and quit.  Tried several more times,  same thing.

That's not a problem, the only steps perfumed will be the ones related to a product you have installed, unless you have *all* of them (both FSX/P3D and MSFS), you will never see all steps performed.

BerndB

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2022, 12:11:15 pm »
Because, Umberto always remind about not to make a new thread, in case an existing one already discribe an issue, i want to give an update of the current experience.

I have run the update of GSX for P3D this weekend and it worked quite well for me. No issues so far, though it seems Umberto and his team got it once again to eleminate found flaws in very short time.
Accept from small changes in the behavior of GSX there is nothing to claim.

I have seen, that the order of actions by the groundcrew while pushback has slightly changed, but it´s ok and works well so far for me. New is the annoying verbal spoken action by GSX, which can be easily resolved by deleteing the related soundfiles as a workarround, until Umberto integrate an option to turn them off, and i´am sure this won´t take long to happen. Because, if Umberto says it will happen, then it does.

In addition i infrom that i´am running an automated script that calls all the needed GSX services in order as a procedure flow and even this runs perfectly thru all actions without any issue.

Just one very little observation is that the GSX Pilotvoice confirms verbal a good engine start, even that this option is disabled ceompletly in my setup. But i´am sure you can takle this aswell.
No other issues found so far.

sticky1202

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2022, 01:29:05 pm »
Thankfully I have not updated GSX since before the initial catastrophic update. It appears to me everything since has been a step backwards. I may never install a live update again...lol

Jim B

LEdwards2012

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2022, 02:57:29 pm »
I rolled back to the previous version using a system backup, as even with the latest fixes it's still and inferior product with a number of unresolved issues. I'm hopping some of these will be fixed in due course. It does mean however that I can't buy any more FSDT P3D sceneries for P3D as the installation process runs the live update.

Alex871

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 06:43:06 am »
The heavy pushback needs to be fixed its not disconnecting from the plane properly. Their also isn't an option to disable the voice still making users delete the files manually like myself and missing jetways at FSDT airports on arrival. So please Umberto get this product stable again we are counting on you!!!

spfoster

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 01:15:01 pm »
For me it still doesn't work at all in P3Dv5, I have totally uninstalled GSX and re-installed followed by re-booting and running the live update then re-booting again.

In P3D I see the Options for the Addon Manager and GSX etc, but none of the menus work when I try to use them, apart from the Addon Manager that will probably show up once and say that my GSX is all active, then they either remain on the toolbar or just disappear totally.

I have tried disabling my firewall and the exclusions are in my anti virus settings.

A proper thread at the beginning of the site would be good from the developers admitting they have screwed everything up and providing the option to roll back.

This has to be the worst release of any piece of software ever and makes you think given the amount of different problems people are having was it indeed ever tested in the first place, or was the rush for more sales way more important.

I would say if you have a working version, make sure you don't update it. For now I have totally removed the programme because it even mucks up my key assignments for Chaseplane and when i'm feeling adventurous I try a new install of GSX to see if it's been fixed, as of 20/09/2022 the date of my last try. It hasn't been fixed so has been removed again from my system.

sticky1202

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2022, 01:25:33 pm »
Thanks for the update. I will refrain from any "live updates".....

Jim

ryanbogan

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 05:50:28 pm »

A proper thread at the beginning of the site would be good from the developers admitting they have screwed everything up and providing the option to roll back.

This. Let us roll back to a pre-MSFS launch update because honestly, I'm sick of updating in the hope that it works only to find something else that is broken, when I had zero issues with my P3D install prior to the MSFS launch, and haven't even bought the new product yet. Baffles me that people are still giving FSDT money after this farce.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 06:11:40 pm »
For me it still doesn't work at all in P3Dv5, I have totally uninstalled GSX and re-installed followed by re-booting and running the live update then re-booting again.

If you read the forum, you'll see most users reported they have no major issues with P3D5, surely not something as obvious as commands supposedly not working.

There's some problems with objects altitudes, but they are being fixed, for example the problem with Fonts has been fixed with yesterday's update, clearly proving we are STILL working on fixing FSX/P3D-specific problems.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:16:50 pm by virtuali »

fruitycocktail

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 09:43:13 pm »
one day these developers will properly test stuff PROPERLY before releasing instead of just throwing it out there.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 11:20:33 pm »
one day these developers will properly test stuff PROPERLY before releasing instead of just throwing it out there.

I've read the forum and most users are reporting problems.

fnav77

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2022, 10:18:18 am »
Dear Umberto,
Please confirm we can now safely update GSX for P3D v5, the update won't make things worse again.
Thank you.

spfoster

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2022, 12:10:47 pm »

If you read the forum, you'll see most users reported they have no major issues with P3D5, surely not something as obvious as commands supposedly not working.

There's some problems with objects altitudes, but they are being fixed, for example the problem with Fonts has been fixed with yesterday's update, clearly proving we are STILL working on fixing FSX/P3D-specific problems.

If you were to read my post and not just be defensive I did state "For me it still doesn't work", and that is still the case. Today 24/09/2022 I re-ran the live update followed by a re-boot, firewall was turned off and the entire addon manager folder is in my virus exception list.

The results were still the same, trying to run GSX via the drop down link did not work, nothing happened (see first attached image). I left it long enough in case it was working in the background but nothing, I then clicked on the Couatl settings > Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache. Again nothing obvious, I left it awhile before clicking on the Add-ons drop down in P3D and all references to Couatl and GSX have disappeared from the drop down. (see 2nd attached image)

But as you say,
no major issues with P3D5, surely not something as obvious as commands supposedly not working.
and yet strangely enough I have just provided the evidence.

And yes, I have been reading the forums and have read all the problems others have reported, and yet you still will not admit there is a problem.

Fantastic customer service.