Author Topic: Update GSX - is it safe now, or better wait a little bit longer?  (Read 9153 times)

BerndB

Hello Umberto,
i went thru the several threads about the "issues" after installing the update which came along with the MSFS release of GSX. I´ve learned that most, maybe all?, known issues are fixed, but i´am not sure. I´ve read also a lot of "negative energy" in some posts which i don´t want to read about, because i´am a positive person and appreciate your effords to constantly develop GSX for P3d still free of charge, but i have payed for the product only once at the beginning. :D

I have not used my SIM over the last two weeks and now i´am asking myself, what if i get the message to update my GSX? Shall i confirm and update or do you recommend to wait unless you have takled all issues? Or is the automatic onlineupdate blocked presently anyway, to prevent from getting issues with the current running perfectly non-updated Version?

Greetings
Bernd

airbadger

Re: Update GSX - is it safe now, or better wait a little bit longer?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 01:19:22 pm »
Do not update.

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 02:50:32 pm »
Okay.
TheCaptain3618

fnav77

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 07:27:37 pm »
I am also getting a new prompt to update. My last update was Wednesday afternoon.... What are we supposed to do?

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 08:31:56 pm »
I am also getting a new prompt to update. My last update was Wednesday afternoon.... What are we supposed to do?

Ignore it. I would seriously wait at least a couple of weeks.

Dkentflyer

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 11:41:40 pm »
I just select the do not update option when starting GSX. Seems the safest thing to do right now.

benbo

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 09:53:14 am »
Sadly i have totally removed GSX from my system as i cannot trust it anymore and will wait a good few weeks untill the addon is stable again before reinstalling,i was suffering CTDs(after not experiencing any for well over a year)amongst the other issues with GSX installed after the disaterous update now its removed no CTDs,no issues and im more than happy using SODE jetways and UGCX for pushback,fingers crossed that GSX will return to its former glories one day,until that day it will not be a part of my flight sim.

Gary Jones.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 10:12:52 am by benbo »

Joe Porter

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 03:46:23 pm »
Sadly i have totally removed GSX from my system as i cannot trust it anymore and will wait a good few weeks untill the addon is stable again before reinstalling,i was suffering CTDs(after not experiencing any for well over a year)amongst the other issues with GSX installed after the disaterous update now its removed no CTDs,no issues and im more than happy using SODE jetways and UGCX for pushback,fingers crossed that GSX will return to its former glories one day,until that day it will not be a part of my flight sim.

Gary Jones.

I’m with you.  We paid good money for a previously great product, we cannot accept the latest updates as a reflection  . . It’s to go away on my sim as well.  A sad day.

JP

Doc_Z

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 07:34:21 pm »
Umberto, could you please reply to this thread.  I used the workaround Addon Manager - GSX works in MSFS, but not it P3d v5.3: fuel truck arrives, but just sits there with no animation of refueling process, boarding is not working.

We have paid money for a product that work almost flawlessly in P3d until GSX Pro.  Now it's messed up. 

Please fix  this mess.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 07:55:48 pm »
Umberto, could you please reply to this thread.  I used the workaround Addon Manager - GSX works in MSFS, but not it P3d v5.3: fuel truck arrives, but just sits there with no animation of refueling process, boarding is not working.

Refueling is confirmed to be working:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26867.msg176456.html#msg176456

Papacoach

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2022, 08:30:13 pm »
Just wanted to report that I've seen some progress on my system. I updated a short time ago, I'm on p3dv5.

I loaded the Aerosoft a333 at FSDT KORD V2. I configured the fuel and pax/cargo loads and called for fuel. The in-ground fueling truck arrived and loaded the requested amount. Prior to the fuel truck leaving a requested catering. Catering arrived, but the fuel truck did not leave although the process was finished. Catering was near complete when I requested boarding. The catering and fuel trucks all left while the baggage was on the way. I requested pushback when pax and baggage completed. The tug came and pushback was completed.

The only issue I saw during this process was the pushback beginning and end bouncing the aircraft a bit. This would cause PACX to freak out and lower pax satisfaction. However, I'm glad to see GSX working again on my system.

Doc_Z

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 08:54:27 pm »

Refueling is confirmed to be working:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26867.msg176456.html#msg176456

Mine does not nor do jetways always work.  Could you answer my question, please.  When will there be an update to fix the various problems?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2022, 10:26:10 pm »
Mine does not nor do jetways always work.  Could you answer my question, please.  When will there be an update to fix the various problems?

Your doesn't work because you haven't applied the latest update. Run the FSDT Live Update now, please so, if your question was the refuel and the 3rd party SODE jetways, those have been fixed already a couple of days ago.

Today we fixed the menu with wrong labels on FSDT airports, and we'll look into other generic issues related to .INI files, the other issue I'm aware of, is a problem with the Marshaller distance readout in P3D V5, which will also looked at later on.

flaviossa

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
Today we fixed the menu with wrong labels on FSDT airports, and we'll look into other generic issues related to .INI files, the other issue I'm aware of, is a problem with the Marshaller distance readout in P3D V5, which will also looked at later on.

As you dont mentioned above, dont forget p3dv4.5 coatl.exe process crash ... im (and some few others) are in the wait line for this (not rushing things, just a reminder)  :)

Doc_Z

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2022, 11:05:16 pm »
I just ran it.  It said it was doing Step 1,2 and 3 of 37 for GSX Pro.  Jumped then to step 5 and quit.  Tried several more times,  same thing.