Author Topic: CTDs  (Read 15155 times)

Leopardo Di Cardio

Re: CTDs
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2022, 09:50:49 am »
I don't think it's GSX.  I think it's COUATL.  The only thing I can form opinions on are my own experiences.

And that's why you are wrong because, this is not politics, where you have the right of forming your own opinion, based on any criteria you decide, no matter how absurd it might look to others.

Computer science is called like this FOR A REASON, because something is either true for all or false for all, you can start by forming your own opinion but, as with science (again, I.T. IS science), you must be prepared to CONFRONT your own experience with reports from others because, by keep saying you "think it's Couatl" just because it seems to happening TO YOU, it doesn't mean it is the real "cause" of the problem, because other evidence gathered from a larger sample, other users, suggests the only common pattern here is we are in a "CTD week", which seem to have started slightly BEFORE GSX came out, which lead many to initially assume it has something to do with GSX, but clearly is not, because we have overwhelming reports that it can happen to anybody, with or without any add-ons.

I have to agree with Umberto that the CTD problem may be related, paradoxically, to a problem that started to occur with the GSX released at the same time.For Example: Maps Enhancement:  it changes the landscape into I can say better maps. I was interested and tried it. FPS went down slightly but no crashes. Suddenly GSX was released. I'll try. It showed a crash on the ground and in the air when using the view either at the airport terminal or in flight.  Specifically, see the ntdll.dll and MSFS.exe or FSUIPC7.dll tables above.  Fine, I'll join the line of complainers that I have CTD almost every flight. But... and now watch out!  after completely uninstalling GSX, Maps Enhancement still remains. On the very next flight, AGAIN THE SAME ntdll.dll error message and other things he wrote. Why if suddenly I no longer use GSX in MSFS??  Fine, I'll put the maps away and use the classic DEFAULT MSFS. So I'll take another flight. Wow, increased FPS, I'll fly out of the airport, I'll do a lot of looking at the landscape like before and the crash is nowhere?  Ok, I'll take off into the clouds and into a high flight level. I'll give storm clouds and I'm still wondering when the CTD will happen. I'm at 35000ft, I've been flying for about an hour, around beautiful dense clouds, it's flying at 45 FPS / used to be around 25 /, I'm changing views  which have had freezes and crashes and CTD nowhere???  I don't know... it seems to me that rather a paradoxical situation has occurred, that CTD occurs precisely with the release of GSX due to possible other things connected with MSFS itself, but the finger is immediately pointed at GSX because, for example, something broke remotely in MSFS at that time, which  causes CTD, but a lot of people just bought and started testing GSX at that time and now, perhaps quite innocently, they mistake it for another problem in MSFS, that it is to blame. I don't think 100% because I personally wouldn't have those crashes with the same message  when using Maps Enhancement even though GSX was gone completely. Weird right?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 09:53:11 am by syphax »

aussiesim

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2022, 10:00:15 am »
I'm getting CTD when trying to load into a flight, this is my 5th attempt now and no success.  I haven't added anything new to the Sim except for GSX.

EasternT32

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2022, 10:45:33 am »
So after doing some reading, I am more leaning towards it being a MSFS issue and it's the worlds biggest coincidence that has unfortunately led me and others to pointing the finger at GSX, sorry Umberto, hopefully whatever it is can be sorted and that we're all back to flying soon

karty3200

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2022, 11:21:36 am »
I just performed 4 different tests the first:

- a flight between brussels and corfu with gsx and online service = CTD
- Same flight without gsx and online service = CTD
- Same flight with GSX and offline service = NO CTD
- I then returned to corfu - brussels with gsx and offline service = NO CTD

So this is not a gsx problem but a microsoft problem.

I apologize for pointing fingers at you Umberto

Tevion12

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2022, 11:36:52 am »
What do you mean with online service?.. GSX was the only change to my setup (also no Update to Nvidia or Windows) and suddenly every flight I attempt ends in a crash. Sometimes it happens during boarding, sometimes it happens two hours into the flight. Uninstalled GSX and haven't had a crash since.
If the error is not corrected I would like my money back
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:38:33 am by Tevion12 »

aussiesim

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2022, 12:19:05 pm »
I can confirm that before loading into a flight I turned all online services off in the sim and loaded succesfully into the sim, once I was in I just turned them all back on again.

I don't believe this to be a GSX issue at all.

Acxiss

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2022, 12:20:35 pm »
I also read that there were server problems. This is stupidly coincided with the GSX Pro release.

Sure it still has some bugs, but hey what program is perfect from the start. I look forward to further updates

Isaiah

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2022, 01:38:00 pm »
I really think Umberto and GSX got unfair publicity sofar. For me it started with the Youtube item from 737NG driver, when he explained why he uninstalled it. I generally like his clips and value his opinion, but in this case he was too quick to jump to conclusions and all of a sudden everyone is all over GSX with uncollaborated stories. I find that sad.

Besides the CTD's he also mentions all kind of things that go wrong, but - in my opinion - are easily fixed when you make your own config.
I think the lesson should be to be careful when making statements like this before you have tested it and ruled out other possibilities

karty3200

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2022, 01:41:10 pm »
I really think Umberto and GSX got unfair publicity sofar. For me it started with the Youtube item from 737NG driver, when he explained why he uninstalled it. I generally like his clips and value his opinion, but in this case he was too quick to jump to conclusions and all of a sudden everyone is all over GSX with uncollaborated stories. I find that sad.

Besides the CTD's he also mentions all kind of things that go wrong, but - in my opinion - are easily fixed when you make your own config.
I think the lesson should be to be careful when making statements like this before you have tested it and ruled out other possibilities
I completely agree with you Isaiah, gsx just had no luck, but I find the product incredible with a few small bugs that don't bother me. (GSX is considered too realistic for some youtubers). I am sure that with the weeks to come the product will be at the top

Phil7789

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2022, 02:11:08 pm »

Well most of us thought it is linked to GSX as it started with GSX. Emanuel just made a video of it (which has been updated meanwhile) and pointed out some flaws. Yes they can be fixed but they're still flaws and easily noticeable without hours of testing.

There are several things you just cannot fix with configs, e.g. the wrong position of the wing walker after disconnecting, slow procedures connecting and disconnecting the Tug or the menu disappearing all the time. For the pax I noticed that they spawn in the jetway so if they're above it it is either a problem in the scenery or GSX not processing the data right. The pax path can only be set in the static part of the jetway as you cannot edit it as long as the jetway is connected and thus cannot know where exactly the jetway will be if you try to set it without the jetway being connected.

So yeah those are bugs I'm sure will get sorted out but imho it's valid to point them out.

Isaiah

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2022, 02:28:21 pm »
It is ''the most of us thought'' I have a problem with. You have to be sure, and to be sure you need to know - and test - what goes wrong. On assumption judging something is unfair and harmful (in this case for Umberto) The other issues you mention I agree, you can point it out, but the backlash from a clip like Emanuel did was not in proportion to the issues. Some reaction were that it is a scam etc. That goes way beyond what is reasonable and is not reflecting reality.

facts not assumptions. But let's get back to topic. I think we have a great community and solutions will be found

Airbuspeter

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2022, 06:47:43 pm »
this is my last CTD .I departed in EPKK Aircraft Fenix A320, after departure crossing level 150 i got CTD with this info(sorry its in german,you can use Deepl translate)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2022, 07:09:44 pm »
this is my last CTD .I departed in EPKK Aircraft Fenix A320, after departure crossing level 150 i got CTD with this info(sorry its in german,you can use Deepl translate)

Not sure why you are posting here, when it has been cleared by now those CTDs are caused by some server issues on Microsoft. At FL150, GSX is not even active.

Try to disable Online Service in MSFS, and see if the crashes stops. That will indicate you the problem is on MSFS own servers.

EasternT32

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2022, 07:49:50 pm »
I must apologise Umberto, I tried my first flight since Friday, and it CTD'd 8 hours into a 9 hour flight, different error report to Friday.

It is a sim issue now as far as I am concerned, hopefully Asobo sort it out soon. Just very unfortunate timing for GSX

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2022, 08:27:48 pm »
I must apologise Umberto, I tried my first flight since Friday, and it CTD'd 8 hours into a 9 hour flight, different error report to Friday.

It is a sim issue now as far as I am concerned, hopefully Asobo sort it out soon. Just very unfortunate timing for GSX

Exactly what I said. Unfortunately, something remotely went wrong in MSFS and the GSX was just released, of course a lot of people bought and tried it... and CTD... and immediately points the finger at someone who has a lot of credit for MSFS  it looked even better and with life around... It's not an easy job and I thank the creator, because for the stupid timing with some error in MSFS, it seems that GSX is to blame for everything. The stupid beginning will gradually be resolved and GSX will be an integral part of MSFS.  By the way, I got the same error and CTD in the Menu when zooming in on the map, GSX was not running. It's easy to criticize something, but it's also nice to appreciate it even if the interplay of events didn't exactly favor it.