Author Topic: Simbrief option no showing insettings  (Read 1581 times)

Aviator74

Simbrief option no showing insettings
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:34:13 am »
when I got into the settings in the GSX panel I have no simbrief option..

I did the following as someone suggested, ran live update.. In fact I have a few times.Still  nothing.. Honestly I find this disappointing from FSDT as it seems GSX pro for MSFS has not been
fully beta tested to weed out bugs.. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simbrief option no showing insettings
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 04:03:09 am »
GSX has obviously been tested, your issue doesn't have anything to do with testing, if you don't see simbrief, it's likely you have an outdated version of some files, because with such a big release ( over 30.000 files ), it takes time to have all these files spread around the Cloudflare network.

If we didn't use it, you wouldn't be able to download anything, because our server would have crashed because of the load in seconds.

To confirm what I think it's happening, check the copyright year of the GSX Settings page: it's 2022 ? If it's not, then you got the previous version, because of the server replication issue.

Aviator74

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 04:13:17 am »
GSX has obviously been tested, your issue doesn't have anything to do with testing, if you don't see simbrief, it's likely you have an outdated version of some files, because with such a big release ( over 30.000 files ), it takes time to have all these files spread around the Cloudflare network.

If we didn't use it, you wouldn't be able to download anything, because our server would have crashed because of the load in seconds.

To confirm what I think it's happening, check the copyright year of the GSX Settings page: it's 2022 ? If it's not, then you got the previous version, because of the server replication issue.

Ok so in my GSX settings page copyright from 2012-2018 so it has not been updated to 2022 hence no simbrief option..In regards to cloudfare and server location..My location is Australia (east coast). So in other owrds I have to wait for this region to be updated?

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:08 am »
Same here in Germany

2018 ....

Aviator74

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 09:48:46 am »
That seems slow for the live update for your location..You'd think Europe would be one of the 1st servers to update...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 10:17:22 am »
That seems slow for the live update for your location..You'd think Europe would be one of the 1st servers to update...

Our server is in the US, but I don't think the physical distance from us to the server matters, it likely depends more by the individual server loads and the frequency of requests.

Aviator74

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 11:29:18 am »
Ok happy to report I have latest 2022 update in the settings with Simbrief option..just keep launching the update and it will update eventually..