Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71266 times)

nguttmann

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2022, 01:18:30 am »
The procedure indicated in the previous post should work. But please, for any issues specific to P3D, use the relevant section of the forum.

No, it still does not work, I did exactly what stated in the last post but still got the message COUATL scripting engine not starting, I attach my Log File.

krw86

« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2022, 07:39:48 am »
19 th of this month, i paid for a working copy . i have tryed all way of getting it to work, im had my computer checked, it not my compuer. so you need get sum ball and sent a repair patch to all people who have the same problems

led7772

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »
Hi, I was one of those who tried using the new link, uninstall and reinstall without success, and for a while only had the MSFS version working.... BUT... now both my GSX are working in P3dv5 and MSFS. Just wanna share here what I did differently. Hopefully it will be of help to anyone who is still stuck.

1 - Open "Addon Manager" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager(or wherever you installed)

2 - Look for "Couatl_Updater" and "Couatl_Updater2" application icon.

3 - Right click on each files above, select Properties, go to Compatibility tab, Check "Run this program as an administrator"

4 - Now right clcik on "Addon Manager" folder, select Properties, under Security Tab, Click edit, check the "Full control" and "Modify" box.

5 - Right click FSDT Installer icon at Desktop, select "Run as administrator"

6 - Once the program loaded, press "Update All"

7 - Restart PC.

8 - Run MSFS, Load your flight, then right click "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon (at Desktop) select "Run as administrator"

9 - Press the GSX button in the ingame menu, wait for the airport cache to complete. GSX menu will appear when all is completed.

For P3dv5 no further steps after step 7.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 01:19:11 pm by led7772 »

Striezelr

« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2022, 10:43:34 pm »
No Chance on any of the suggestions, not even the offline installer is working. Not setting everything to admin rights, a dozen clean reinstalls, nothing! An absolute mess, disgusting. Thx Umberto for this great tips! Better look for a solution of your cloudfare …your nodes, your broken files… but …of course,it’s all the users fault. Since years I had products of FSDT, up to now! Not worth a cent this GSX pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2022, 10:50:59 pm »
! Better look for a solution of your cloudfare …your nodes, your broken files… but …of course,it’s all the users fault.

Cloudflare is not obviously mine, neither the nodes are, and I never, ever said it's "user's fault" where, exactly, have you read this in any of my replies ?

Our files are not "broken", don't you find a bit unusual you posted about "nothing is working" precisely after a post confirming it does ? Shouldn't that raise a bit of suspicions that, maybe, the file are not really "broken" ?

Of course, if instead you posted more precisely what is your problem, perhaps following the instruction how to create a log in the Sticky thread named "How to report and error", I might have a chance to see what's wrong with your system (this doesn't mean it's "your fault"!! ), something that it's quite difficult to understand with just a "not working" comment.

sumnersd

« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2022, 05:40:46 am »
Paid close attention to attempted installs, and noticed a file was not being downloaded. It was the, Coualtl_64_MSFS.exe. So, I tried disabling anti virus, and followed instruction below, by uninstalling program, uninstalling the installer, and deleting the addon manager folder.  Then reinstall. With antivirus disabled, everything downloaded, including the 64_MSFS.exe. file. Back in business.

Striezelr

« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2022, 04:02:18 pm »
@sumnersd: where is the .exe file located? Try to locate it, maybe its missing with me as well... everything else I did as you did, not working, the couatl is showing up in the system tray for a few seconds, than closing again.

Striezelr

« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2022, 04:04:08 pm »
Ok, I have it, even with admin rights... no chance on my system

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2022, 05:50:36 pm »
Ok, I have it, even with admin rights... no chance on my system

Please post your log, as instructed here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.msg175111.html#msg175111

Kublux

« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2022, 09:36:07 pm »
I'm having the same problem. Tried almost everything posted here. There's my log error.
Thanks' for your help.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:48:47 pm by Kublux »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2022, 01:18:52 pm »
I'm having the same problem. Tried almost everything posted here. There's my log error.

That's not your LOG file, it's your ERR file which is the one that comes out if you don't have logging enabled, so it's not detailed enough for us to check all possible issues so, if you have enabled logging as instructed, you should also have a Couatl.LOG file that is more recent.

Kublux

« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2022, 05:39:54 pm »
Sorry about that. My mistake. Yesterday after posting I got into this problem and I realized my antivirus was sending the file that appears in the image "bglmanx65.dll"to quarantine. Put it back and exclude the file from the real time scanning. 3 of 3 attempts ok, starting couatl outside msfs once running or running it before starting msfs. Don't know if this is my specific problem but so far its working for me.

hazlamahedich45

« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2022, 04:45:51 pm »
I have uninstsalled and reinstalled it several times and followed all other suggestions but the scripting engine still inst running. I'm attaching my log for your review.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2022, 02:04:17 pm »
I have uninstsalled and reinstalled it several times and followed all other suggestions but the scripting engine still inst running. I'm attaching my log for your review.

You have the same problem discussed here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.msg180410.html#msg180410

william.m

« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2022, 04:18:17 am »
The post below is DEFINITELY more than worth a try. Especially the part of:

Right-click the ADDON MANAGER folder, select properties, and give FULL control permission to your user name.
Run "Couatl_Updater" and finish the process then run "Couatl_Updater2" and let it finish again.

Restart your sim or restart Couatl for GSX MSFS with Admin rights and test if working now.

Hi, I was one of those who tried using the new link, uninstall and reinstall without success, and for a while only had the MSFS version working.... BUT... now both my GSX are working in P3dv5 and MSFS. Just wanna share here what I did differently. Hopefully it will be of help to anyone who is still stuck.

1 - Open "Addon Manager" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager(or wherever you installed)

2 - Look for "Couatl_Updater" and "Couatl_Updater2" application icon.

3 - Right click on each files above, select Properties, go to Compatibility tab, Check "Run this program as an administrator"

4 - Now right clcik on "Addon Manager" folder, select Properties, under Security Tab, Click edit, check the "Full control" and "Modify" box.

5 - Right click FSDT Installer icon at Desktop, select "Run as administrator"

6 - Once the program loaded, press "Update All"

7 - Restart PC.

8 - Run MSFS, Load your flight, then right click "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon (at Desktop) select "Run as administrator"

9 - Press the GSX button in the ingame menu, wait for the airport cache to complete. GSX menu will appear when all is completed.

For P3dv5 no further steps after step 7.

Hope this helps.