Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71273 times)

cholland

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2022, 01:26:12 pm »
With further research an install/uninstalling I can confirm that if you uninstall everything (GSX, FSDT installer, Add On folder) and then fresh reinstall it works. However the minute you install the P3D version it messes up. Hopefully there will be a fix although there are other issues coming to light so it's usual teething troubles for some new software it seems.

Ankh

« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2022, 01:33:40 pm »
I also confirm that the moment I uninstalled everything INCLUDING all P3D stuff and reinstalled ONLY the MSFS variant, GSX was suddenly working. Well, for me it was the moment to cut the ends to P3D, which is now gone from my rig, but honestly, this is NOT the way it should have worked out...

joergalv

« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2022, 01:49:20 pm »
Same here. Complete uninstall and installing only MSFS airports and GSX-Pro leads to a working GSX in MSFS.
Only adding GSX-L2 for P3D messed it up again. I use P3D a lot... so limiting to MSFS is NO option for me.
Looking forward for a solution..

Btw:
Complete reinstall with FSDT P3D products first, and adding MSFS products, leads to a non functioning GSX in MSFS and P3D as well.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:54:53 pm by joergalv »
Joerg Alvermann

seric76

« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2022, 01:56:31 pm »
Hello,

A short feedback from my side:

I use nearly all FSDT Airports in P3Dv5, so Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 and 2, KFLL, KMEM, CYVR etc. In addition, I have some FSDT Airports for MSFS like LSZH, LFSB and CVYR.

After installing GSX Pro, I had the same problem as everybody - COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday with troubleshooting. What helped at the end was deinstalling all FSDT Airports, GSX and the Addon Manager folder and only install GSX Pro and the native FSDT Airports for MSFS. As soon as I installed an old FSDT Airport like KFLL, the scripting error was back again. So it seems, at least on my computer, that it is for the time being not possible to run GSX in P3D and GSX Pro in MSFS together. Luckily, my P3D was not messed up by the deinstallation.

I hope that there will be a solution soon because I still use P3D for longhaul flights and I don't want to miss GSX there.

Kind regards,
Daniel

I can confirm that is not possible to run GSX in P3D and GSX Pro in MSFS together.

Bentree

« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2022, 02:05:11 pm »
I can confirm that the below workflow worked....i now (after two days of work) can start GSX.

:D I was finally able to get it working and I am pleased with the product!

Steps performed:

1.   Deactivated and uninstalled all FSDT products within "FSDT Universal Installer".
2.   Uninstalled the "FSDT Universal Installer" via the Windows "Apps & Features" or the old Control Panel.
3.   Deleted the "Addon Manager" folder.
4.   Deleted the "virtuali" folder at %appdata%
5.   Reinstalled the "FSDT Universal Installer"
6.   Installed and activated GSX, it took a while, this time I saw it installed 2 components: "fsdreamteam-gsx-pro" and "fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" tha latter was missing previously.

As I developed some airports for Mexico sold at Simmarket and the MSFS Marketplace, I already compiled the AFCAD-BGL's to allow GSX to recognize my airports and they seem to work immediatly!  8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:35:06 pm by Bentree »

Fiorentoni

« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2022, 02:12:31 pm »
Just to add you don't have to delete the appdata/virtuali folders. They are just config files for custom airports or aircraft, nothing related to the actual GSX program.

Aumkem

« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2022, 02:33:09 pm »
Hello,
I have the same issue here ....

Coualt engine not started..
I have tried to replace the file like suggested on page one of this post , it didn't work and now my default jetways aren't replaced anymore by GSX ones as well..

I am really confused and dissapointed that nothing work correctely ..

I have also P3D ans GSX 2 but i don't want to uninstall everything to redo a complete clean installation as i fly on both sim.

Please help

Regards

Fiorentoni

« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2022, 02:42:50 pm »
At the moment having GSX installed for P3D AND MSFS is not working correctly for neither of it. You'll have to uninstall one of it for now.

matths93

« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2022, 02:47:56 pm »
At the moment having GSX installed for P3D AND MSFS is not working correctly for neither of it. You'll have to uninstall one of it for now.

yeah, it worked for me. By uninstalling the P3D version the MSFS version works. But now I'm experiencing CTD (never happened before in msfs).

Fiorentoni

« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2022, 02:49:46 pm »

yeah, it worked for me. By uninstalling the P3D version the MSFS version works. But now I'm experiencing CTD (never happened before in msfs).

See my post in the CTD thread and try the three solutions. Please report back if it still CTDs.

BAW768

« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2022, 03:27:12 pm »
The issues regarding P3D MUST have been known to the developers and have decided to keep quiet.
I have absolutely no intention of deleting P3D from my system and feel it is an absolute disgrace the way this has been handled. If I had been aware of these issues, my bank balance would be £32 better off.

A JOKE

Aumkem

« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2022, 03:39:43 pm »
In P3D my GSX2 is working but in MSFS  i can edit  and now FSDT jetways replacing default one aren't there anymore ..
I don't know what to do
Regards

Andreasmb

« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2022, 03:50:33 pm »
In P3D my GSX2 is working but in MSFS  i can edit  and now FSDT jetways replacing default one aren't there anymore ..
I don't know what to do
Regards

I guess you mean ...in MSFS i can not edit..., right?

Having also spend hours and hours with the initially faithful install into MSFS and then realizing it does not work to edit anything via the MSFS GSX menu PLUS !!! it has jeopardized my P3D GSX I would like to express my full faith - rather than stretch my disappointment too long here - into Umberto and his team that they will in short provide us P3D users and long time GSX supporters with an install process for GSX pro that will leave P3d in tact and untouched and will work off the cuff in MSFS2020.

Umberto and team, I want to patiently wait for that, pls do your best as we have enjoied over the past years so very fondly.

Andreas

BAW768

« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2022, 04:04:17 pm »
Gone are the days when I sit here frustrated by software that is simply not fit for purpose and say nothing.
The developers knew of these issues and have chosen to say nothing. FSDT credibility has gone down the toilet.

Aumkem

« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2022, 04:35:24 pm »
I don't know what to do
Regards

I guess you mean ...in MSFS i can not edit..., right?

Having also spend hours and hours with the initially faithful install into MSFS and then realizing it does not work to edit anything via the MSFS GSX menu PLUS !!! it has jeopardized my P3D GSX I would like to express my full faith - rather than stretch my disappointment too long here - into Umberto and his team that they will in short provide us P3D users and long time GSX supporters with an install process for GSX pro that will leave P3d in tact and untouched and will work off the cuff in MSFS2020.

Umberto and team, I want to patiently wait for that, pls do your best as we have enjoied over the past years so very fondly.

Andreas

yes in MSFS ...
I try to uninstall everything  in the PC and only install GSX pro to see what is happening..