Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71254 times)

mark767

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2022, 08:40:01 pm »

I fixed my problem thanks to help from someone on Avsim, hopefully it can help others.  In the file CouatlAddons.ini the disable was set to 1.  Changed to 0 and now when I click the GSX icon in the MSFS menu, it opens up GSX menu and everything works.

CouatlAddons.ini file

[gsx]
disable = 0
disable_on_airports = NONE

laurensw

« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2022, 08:45:10 pm »
Same issue here also you did a restart.

Running in mode: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.8 (build 4801)
log started on Fri Aug 19 20:25:46 2022

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 11 0 282174 999
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages D:\Program Files
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
host file found, checking it
createDefaultContainer
Current locale is Dutch_Netherlands.1252
Initializing audio...
Available devices:

No audio device available, continuing with no audio
bglmanx list contains 24 AddOn(s)
Loading addon LFSB
Addon LFSB not installed or missing one or more files, skipping.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 97, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 49, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named LFSB
Loading addon GSX
Current sim directory is C:/Program Files (x86)/Addon Manager/couatl64
airportCacheOptimizeSearch enabled, excluding files larger than 4000000 bytes
Airport cache loaded successfully
Addon GSX loaded
Starting system monitors
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 411, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'emulateMenu_MSFS'
GSX SimStart
GSX SimStop
Loading  aircraft.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  engines.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  flight_model.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  gameplay.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  systems.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
this airplane has 15 exits
Main Menu loaded
GSX flightLoaded flights\other\MainMenu.FLT
Airplane major/minor version: 737 700
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2  baseName =  PMDG 737-700
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Specific .cfg file for PH-XRY not found in D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700, using standard GSX.CFG file
Specific .cfg file for PH-XRY not found in C:\Users\Laurens Waasdorp\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\PMDG 737-700, using standard GSX.CFG file
User collision geometries reloaded
GSX SimStart
Slew mode False
GSX SimStop
GSX SimStart
Loading  aircraft.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  engines.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  flight_model.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  gameplay.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  systems.cfg  from  D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Specific .cfg file for PH-XRY not found in D:\Program Files\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700, using standard GSX.CFG file
Specific .cfg file for PH-XRY not found in C:\Users\Laurens Waasdorp\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\PMDG 737-700, using standard GSX.CFG file
GSX SimStop
GSX flightLoaded C:\Users\Laurens Waasdorp\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
GSX SimStart

trisho0

« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2022, 08:49:11 pm »
From windows desktop I clicked Start Couatl for GSX MSFS icon to load it then the MSFS. On the way it appeared Couatl Debug Window that eventually started displaying several lines text. That CDW never closed. Should I close it before continuing with MFS? I clicked on the MFS and the CDW I guess became behind the MFS screen. Loaded the PMDG 737-700 in SCEL scenery (LatinVFR). From the top screen I select "GSX" and it pops up a message: Couatl scripting Engine hasn't started.
I can't use GSX for now even after reinstalled the FSDT GSX Pro.
I hope in a few days FSDT Live Update will resolve it.
Couatl reporting ...
Patricio Valdes
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:09:18 pm by trisho0 »

trisho0

« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2022, 08:52:54 pm »

I fixed my problem thanks to help from someone on Avsim, hopefully it can help others.  In the file CouatlAddons.ini the disable was set to 1.  Changed to 0 and now when I click the GSX icon in the MSFS menu, it opens up GSX menu and everything works.

CouatlAddons.ini file

[gsx]
disable = 0
I had such settings and still the problem.
Patricio Valdes
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:10:26 pm by trisho0 »

Simpilot2020

« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:29 pm »
Hi,

my opinion is that the MSFS and the P3d version of GSX cannot run on same machine at the same time.
I have just follow the instrucction to deactivate, uninstall and delete files and directories as it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
(GSX pro, KORD MSFS, KSDF MSFS, GSX, GSXL2, KMEM, KSDF, KORD, KLAX for P3Dv5) (no other P3D version on the machine).

When everything was clean from FSDT, starting fresh install of GSX pro. Starting up couatl and then MSFS and it works just fine.
Then reinstall the other addons including GSX and GSXL2 and nothing works anymore. MSFS give the same Traceback error as initially and quit to work. P3D works with some issues.

When you have a look on the update process of FSDT updater, you can see that GSXpro is first updated and then GSX/L2. What you can see is that some files have the same name. So in my opinion older files from GSX overwrite newer files from GSX pro and cause to malfunction when going to start MSFS with GSX pro again.

I would appriciate a user controlled update where I can skip manually all updates except gsx pro and I suppose it will work again.

BR
Andreas Hövel
EDDC/Germany

Simpilot2020

« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2022, 09:03:23 pm »
I mean being "installed" at the same time and not "running". Sorry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2022, 09:04:56 pm »
my opinion is that the MSFS and the P3d version of GSX cannot run on same machine at the same time.

Of course they do, we designed them to run this way. As I've said in another post, we are rebuilding the P3D full installer now, so it should be less affected by issues with servers not updated.

FireCapt

« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2022, 10:10:58 pm »
Umberto, has this been tested fot the SU 10 beta to function?  It installs fine but the GSX Menu won't come up for me in the sim. The GSX button is highlighted. but nothing happens when I click on it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2022, 10:13:13 pm »
Umberto, has this been tested fot the SU 10 beta to function?  It installs fine but the GSX Menu won't come up for me in the sim. The GSX button is highlighted. but nothing happens when I click on it.

Almost everyone at FSDT use SU10. If you search the forum, the are plenty of identical message, with many solution to try.

FireCapt

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2022, 10:20:38 pm »
yeah, I tried all of them including full uninstall and re installation
.  have you had any other addons that may cause issue with it., FSrealistic, Rex stuff?

westman

« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2022, 10:42:42 pm »
From windows desktop I clicked Start Couatl for GSX MSFS icon to load it then the MSFS. On the way it appeared Couatl Debug Window that eventually started displaying several lines text. That CDW never closed. Should I close it before continuing with MFS? I clicked on the MFS and the CDW I guess became behind the MFS screen. Loaded the PMDG 737-700 in SCEL scenery (LatinVFR). From the top screen I select "GSX" and it pops up a message: Couatl scripting Engine hasn't started.
I can't use GSX for now even after reinstalled the FSDT GSX Pro.
I hope in a few days FSDT Live Update will resolve it.
Couatl reporting ...
Patricio Valdes

in the debugwindow open file and click restart gracefully it worked for me as workaround

asalazare

« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2022, 11:06:23 pm »

CouatlAddons.ini file

[gsx]
disable = 0

This solved the problem for me too, as the 2 lines were absent in my %appdata%\Roaming\virtuali\CouatlAddons.ini file, by adding them, now GSX is usable within MSFS.

However, the new issue is that vehicles are spawned with the airline title (Aeromexico in my case) in pink. I think the issue is still the initial one: GSX is not updated due to cloudflare servers not fully synchronized yet.

Update: Problem not solved, as soon as I select stairs to operate or any other action, the menu closes and I'm back to the initial issue.  :-X
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:17:05 am by asalazare »

Doc_Z

« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2022, 11:26:47 pm »
1.- No GSX icon in MSFS, 
2. Ran updater, which gave 37 fixes.
3. No icon.
4. Followed directions above to uninstall installer, etc.
5. Reinstalled installer, ran installer for GSX
6. Icon now appears but when pushing it, warning that scripting engine has not started,
7. Manually start scripting engine, warning goes away,
8. Menu does not appear.
What seems to be the problem?

FYI, P3d is now messed up after having to reinstall GSX there.

FireCapt

« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2022, 11:36:46 pm »
I uninstalled everything the 3rd time was the charm.  all works now.  it was missing files. My recommendation, uninstall everything including airport. install GSX Pro first before adding your airports back in again.  the GSX World was missing the global jetways folder contents was my issue.

airman32

« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2022, 11:58:13 pm »
I too am getting the same issue with the "Couatl Scripting not starting". I do have the Icon in place and I have installed the .dat file and removed all the Visual C ++ files. No Joy!