Author Topic: GSX and orbx Problem  (Read 783 times)

Hossi

GSX and orbx Problem
« on: August 09, 2022, 07:54:26 am »
Hi,
after a necessary reinstallation of Win10 and P3Dv4 there is a small
problem with GSX and Orbx Airports.
When static aircrafts are at a parking position, I can't set up jetways there with GSX.
If I use the possibility to deactivate the static aircrafts,
all jetways at the free parking positions disappear. GSX is then
also no longer available. This seems a bit strange to me.
Is there a technical explanation why this is the case?
In Orbx forum had no one an idea what the reason could be.

Greetings from Kiel North Germany
Ciao Horst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and orbx Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 12:51:55 pm »
When static aircrafts are at a parking position, I can't set up jetways there with GSX.

That's normal. To create a static aircraft, a developer must remove a parking from the AFCAD, otherwise static planes will conflict with AI airplanes. This is usually done by switching to a separate AFCAD made for static.

Now, depending how the AFCAD switching is done, this might be a problem for GSX or not, depending on the case:

- If the "statics" version of the scenery AFCAD has a different name, GSX can associate a different .INI profile which can be customized separately, and if you switch back to the other version, GSX will use another profile for that other version. At most, you might have to use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option after you switched configuration, in case GSX didn't detect the change automatically (it should, but that might change depending how the scenery is switched)

- If the "statics" version of the scenery AFCAD has the same name of the "dynamics" version, that will be a problem, because now GSX will use a single profile for both, which cannot possibly work, because the parking spots will be different. In this case, it's best if you decide which version you want to use and stick with it, and start a GSX customization *from scratch* once you decided, because continuing working on an existing .INI which was made for a different version of the scenery using different parking spots, will surely have issues.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 01:36:41 pm by virtuali »

Hossi

Re: GSX and orbx Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 01:10:27 pm »
Hi,
Thank you very much for the perfect answer
to my question about GSX with static aircrafts.

Greetings from Kiel North Germany
Ciao Horst