Author Topic: Stairs appear despite being disabled  (Read 852 times)

w6kd

Stairs appear despite being disabled
« on: April 29, 2022, 04:32:34 am »
I'm running P3Dv5.1 and just updated GSX to the latest a few minutes ago. 

At Bogota/SKBO (PKSIM) gate 24 I have a custom ini file, and I have checked the disable stairways box in the parking spot configuration and verified that "nopassengerstairs = 1" is in the ini file for gate 24. 

Regardless, I am still getting a stairway truck at the left rear door.  It's happening with different acft (PMDG 737 and FSL A320).

Regards

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stairs appear despite being disabled
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 10:50:33 am »
I can confirm disabling the staircases works just fine, I just checked it, and it works regardless if the parking spot has a jetway or not. Are you sure the vehicle you are seeing is coming from GSX ?

Also, is it happening only at that airport ? Have you checked GSX loaded your profile ?

Note that, if you are editing a GSX custom profile which was originally made for P3D V4 and contained custom operator textures, since this feature is not available in P3D V5, as soon as you edit such file, GSX will create a new copy, with a "p3d5only = 1" flag, so P3D V4 will continue to use the original file, and V5 the new one.

w6kd

Re: Stairs appear despite being disabled
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 08:25:26 pm »
Ultimately, I went into the customization dialogue and clicked on "reset" to clear and rebuild the customization, and that seems to have fixed it.  All the other spots on the same airport were working at the time.  Strange...

Regards

Bob Scott