Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

Second GSX Preview in MSFS

<< < (2/9) > >>

virtuali:
Some of these things suggested in that post are in fact limited by what can be done with the existing animation system.

Take the "headset guy" as an example: in P3D4/5 in *theory* we could have a rope/cable simulation, which an improvement of the system that came with FSX Acceleration helicopters. It's *possible*, but nobody really knows right now, that when helicopters will eventually came to MSFS and, assuming they will have some kind of attachment system with a cable/rope simulation and, assuming it will be open to 3rd parties, possibly through Simconnect ( this is an entire set of assumptions that might not all go well ), we might repurpose the system to make a *proper* headset guy. That was just the first example that came to my mind.

Also, we still have a very long work ahead in remodeling all objects/animations/textures to the MSFS level of quality so, at least at first, we are trying to keep the existing code, if only to ease testing and bug finding. Right now, the towbar is part of the pushback truck itself so, things like connecting the towbar separately are still not possible with the current system, but we *are* making things more realistic along the way. The baggage cart vehicles, for example, used to be made of one piece in FS/XP3D, while the MSFS version of the model has a proper joint between the cart itself and the front wheel dollies, which in addition to be more realistic to look at, it improves handling in tight spots.

But some procedural things discussed in that post can surely be improved.

meadfoot:

--- Quote from: perohijo on March 11, 2022, 05:44:51 pm ---So where can I see the first preview? I can't find it by searching.

--- End quote ---
Didn't search very much then - its in the next post down ::)

FireCapt:
Can't wait, Umberto. Looking Excellent at usual. Will the PAX loading be included in the MSFS version? 8)

737NGX:
This looks excelent! I would like to come with some feedback too.

As someone mentioned above, the procedures for push is:
Bypass pin -> Connect Pushback -> Push -> Stop Push -> Remove Pushback -> Remove Bypass pin. I think you've got the idea already though.

Regarding an issue that has been annoying me in P3D is the "standby for engine start" when in freezing temperatures. I would love for an option to disable this is MSFS as this is not really
something every airport follows. At ENGM, where I work, there are no such restriction and planes can start engines even if it's -30degrees C and taxiways aren't covered in ice (which they rarely are as larger airports gets cleared from snow and ice). I know it's pretty common in the US and Canada to come with such commands, but from my experience I've never seen it done in Norway.
I see the guy above commented something similar, so an option to enable or disable this message would be nice. Perhaps include it as an tickable box to in airport-specific options

It would also be nice to have an option to load baggage without needing a belt loader. For example, in the front bulk on a 737. We usually just take bags straight from the trolley and into the bulk, as it's pretty close to the ground and a belt-loader isn't necessary. The same goes for Dash 8s (100-200-300) ATRs etc. Just something that would be nice to see! Perhaps have a 3D Person jumping into the bulk as well to load the bags. A timer to make the baggage load a bit slower would be nice too, as I feel like the actual loading of bags is quite a bit faster in GSX than IRL.

It would also be nice if one could specify where exactly the ground equipment would drive. In P3D, the baggage veichles, fuel truck etc. drives in the midle of the taxiways. It would be nice if someone could make some sort of profile where you can assign routes for these veichles so they use the internal/designated ground equipment roads. Just another layer to improve immersion.

This is more of a question, but will GSX support multiple jetways? Or is that a limitation to MSFS? Would be nice to have 2 jetways connect if flying a heavy for example, which currently isn't possible due to lack of a SODE-ish add-on in MSFS.

For the pushback, will it be possible to further expand the quickedit feature to allow pulling as well. At some gates, you push the plane to a certain point, and then might have to pull it as well. Would be nice if you could make several segments when doing a quick-edit push!

I totally understand if there are some limitations in the MSFS SDK for any or all of these.
Would love to hear your thoughts none-the-less. Hope GSX is closer than we think  ;D

Captain Kevin:

--- Quote from: 737NGX on March 12, 2022, 09:37:48 pm ---It would also be nice if one could specify where exactly the ground equipment would drive. In P3D, the baggage veichles, fuel truck etc. drives in the midle of the taxiways. It would be nice if someone could make some sort of profile where you can assign routes for these veichles so they use the internal/designated ground equipment roads. Just another layer to improve immersion.

--- End quote ---
This actually comes down to how the AFCAD for the airport was built. If the AFCAD had vehicle paths built in, the trucks would use them. The problem is that most don't, so the trucks have no way to know they're there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version