Author Topic: Coultl Scripting Engine Unrecoverable error  (Read 2091 times)

Blaster254

Coultl Scripting Engine Unrecoverable error
« on: February 19, 2022, 04:27:27 pm »
Hi guys.
A little help please. Since the recent update, I've encountered the following error in P3D 4.5: The Couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run live update.

I have re-run the live update several times now. This is the first time I've encountered this issue. Every time I hit restart, the error re-occurs. I've attached a pic of the screen and error log if anyone could assist.

Ryan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coultl Scripting Engine Unrecoverable error
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 10:34:05 pm »
Enable logging in the Troubleshooting page of the settings, otherwise the error log is not detailed enough to understand the problem.

And, please, do not make a picture of the screen but, instead, ZIP your log ( located in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.log AFTER you enable Logging ) and Attach it to a post.

Blaster254

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 10:59:44 pm »
Apologies. Will do asap

Blaster254

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 01:23:08 am »
How do I access the troubleshooting page to enable logging, outside of the sim. At present, with the current error, I am unable to load the sim without shutting down GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 11:58:04 am »
How do I access the troubleshooting page to enable logging, outside of the sim. At present, with the current error, I am unable to load the sim without shutting down GSX

You can log the startup this way:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Run the sim, then exit after the error appears.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.
Modify message

Blaster254

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 12:55:08 pm »
Thank you. Will try this. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. This did not fix it.

This is the only additional file i have at present. Its so weird. I cannot locate the fault

Blaster254

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 01:08:07 pm »
OK so I loaded as default in to sim. Everything was ok. Then changed to EGKK UK 2000. Appeared to work fine. Finally Loaded to EGLL UK2000. All good until I loaded the QW 787. Then Bam. Same error. This applies to all addon aircraft. Attached is the error log. There is a file missing somewhere. This only occurred after the most recent update. I also have JFK2. I uninstalled and reinstalled as it had disappeared off the Scenery file list. I hope you can help  :-\
Ryan

dwc3402

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 05:52:36 pm »
I have the same issue , with UK 200 EGLL. GSX L2 works fine at aother airports ive loaded at etc.

My issue also started happening after the new FSDT UI update.

Maybe similar issue to me mate

Thansk

Darren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 07:15:41 pm »
I have the same issue , with UK 200 EGLL. GSX L2 works fine at aother airports ive loaded at etc.

Yes, the problem is caused by this file:

C:\Users\ryanl\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\egll-qgxgaf.ini

It seems it contains some parking spots with either the jetway or the bridge name blank. If you post that one, I can check it.

My issue also started happening after the new FSDT UI update.

No, that .INI would have caused the same problem in any version, unless you edited it recently during the BRIEF period after the update but before later fix, in which there was an error while customizing jetways, which caused the name in the .INI to be null. The error is fixed now, but it won't auto-repair .INI files changed during that period.

Blaster254

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 08:27:02 pm »
Thank you bud. Here's the offending bad boy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 11:06:16 pm »
Thank you bud. Here's the offending bad boy.

Ok, the problem is caused by many lines containing this:

jetway_bridge_simtitle = _white

Normally, you should see something like this:

jetway_bridge_simtitle = FSDT_JWB_JBTC_03_white

with the first part the name of the specific bridge object, and the last one ( they only one you have ) the color variation. I checked editing a jetway and setting a white bridge model, and it does save the .INI file correctly so, whatever issue caused this, it must have happened before the latest update. As I've said, we had the initial release with an issue saving jetway customization ( the Apply button didn't work ), but we fixed it, if you edited the airport with that version, you might have ended with the .INI messed up that way.

To fix this, you have several options, depending how much work you did on your customization file:

- If you only changed minor things, the easiest thing to do is just remove it and perhaps adding them again, because I can from your log that scenery also come with its own GSX profile provided by the scenery developer, so I guess it should be a reasonable starting point.

- If you changed *many* things, you might try replacing all the wrong lines with one like the one I posted, using any text editor with a search & replace feature. Sure, you'll end up with all jetway bridges to be the same model but, at least, it might get you going, and you can always go back and fix just the bridges ( don't forget you can do it for multiple parking spots at once, airports very seldom use completely different jetway styles for each gate )

Blaster254

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 12:02:07 pm »
Thank you for looking at this for me. Very much appreciated.

Fortunately I haven’t made any drastic changes. Now I’ve got to grips with GSX, I can edit the airport again without any dramas.

So to confirm, if I delete that file, will it regenerate a fresh one when I load again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2022, 12:04:09 pm »
So to confirm, if I delete that file, will it regenerate a fresh one when I load again?

No, it will use the one provided the scenery developer in the scenery own folder. A new one will be generated only if you start to EDIT it, which will be based on the one made by the scenery developer so, it won't be like starting from scratch.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 02:24:32 pm by virtuali »

Blaster254

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2022, 12:55:36 pm »
All understood. Again thank you for your help

It’s still one of the best products on the market by a mile

Blaster254

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2022, 07:24:25 pm »
That fixed it  ;D