Author Topic: [SOLVED]Issue with MK EFRO: missing SODE Jetway/VGDS on gates 7 and 8  (Read 1300 times)

Genista

Edit: Solved, the SODE .xml file provided by MK was indeed the culprit. See below for the fix

Good afternoon and merry christmas everybody,

Firstly, thanks for the great product and continuous support.

Secondly, I am not blaming any product here, I don't believe GSX is the root cause; I am simply seeking help for troubleshooting because you guys know what is going on under the hood :D

Regarding the subject issue:

MK Studios released EFRO (Rovaniemi) last week.

It is a small airport with a handful of "airstairs" gates (ie. parking 5,6 with SODE VGDS) and two jetway gates (parking 7,8 with SODE VGDS+Jetways).

The issue is: GSX does not offer VGDS for the jetway gates (7,8), and, when parked, it doesn't "see" the jetway either ("no jetway here"). Nevertheless, it offers the SODE VGDS for the "airstairs" gates (5,6).

It is however possible to activate VGDS and dock the jetway with the SODE menu.

Before posting here I looked at previous posts here and tried the following:

Suspect 1: SODE XML gate name not matching the AFCAD stand name ?

I opened the SODE XML, I opened with ADE the AFCAD that GSX reads, and did not see any discrepancy in that regard between the two. I will post a screenshot when I get back to my PC to confirm. Until now, every MK scenery has been working flawlessly with GSX, I don't see why they would suddenly do it wrong; also it seems to be working with other people  :-\

Suspect 2: conflict with a previous, now uninstalled scenery ?

Previously, I had a freeware EFRO scenery installed. That one did have working jetways with GSX.

I disabled that old scenery in the scenery library when installing the new one.

I flew there at night, and noticed the issue described above (no jetway/VGDS at gate 7,8).

Then, when flying during the day, I noticed that the "old" jetways of the "old" scenery were somehow still standing next to the new jetways of the new scenery.
At this point I decided to uninstall and delete any file related to EFRO sceneries, new or old. SODE configurations, GSX configurations, everything, to start clean.

I reinstalled the new EFRO, and now the rogue jetways from the old scenery were gone. Despite rebuilding the Couatl cache many times, still, no jetway or VGDS detected by GSX (only by SODE).

I can upload a Couatl log when I come back, but I did not see any error, it was happily loading EFRO stands.

Thank you for your help!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 04:54:35 pm by Genista »

Genista

Re: [SOLVED]Issue with MK EFRO: missing SODE Jetway/VGDS on gates 7 and 8
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
Okay, if anyone is wondering, it was a mistake by the scenery devs. See explanation here -> https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/592730-drzewiecki-design-ksea-with-gsx/

To fix it, in the .xml file in question (ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\MKSTUDIOS_Rovaniemi_P3DV5) replace the AfcadGateName value "GATE" by "PARKING" for stands 7, 8 and 9.

Cheers !

Sid Starz

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 06:24:00 pm »
What app are you using and where is it located?

Thanks.
PatB

Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.2 HF1|

Genista

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 07:10:05 pm »
What app are you using and where is it located?

Thanks.

Hey,

This is Airport Design Editor (ADE) that you can find here -> https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/

Sid Starz

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 10:35:45 pm »
Thanks.  :)
PatB

Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.2 HF1|