Author Topic: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate  (Read 20113 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 02:28:17 pm »
I have that enabled, yes

Are you sure ? Then why I can't see the green message saying ( in your case ) "[GSX] Handling by Menzies" and "[GSX] Catering services requested" appearing in sequence in your video ?

I see this message when I open the Sim after LiveUpdate. I've never seen that oon position reset before though, only when "restarting and rebuilding airport cache".

That's a problem indeed but, as I've said, it's strange you don't have the following two messages:

"[GSX] Position Reset" appearing for a very short time as soon as you select "Reset position" ( this might be too brief to be seen, some times )

"Airport cache loaded successfully" when the restart completed. This, coupled with the fact you don't have the "Handling" and "Catering" messages too, seemed to indicate either you have disable all green messages altogether, or there's a problem with those menus.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 02:33:45 pm by virtuali »

disco79stu

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 02:33:02 pm »
It's getting a little confusing to me.
I get some messages, yes, but not all, so maybe I indeed deactivated them and only get the important ones?

Anyway, I'm a little step further now:

I tested several combinations, and everything worked as usual. Repositioning the aircraft, calling stairs, restarting couatl, everything fine.

UNTIL I call for catering. Then and only then I will have an entry in the pop-up menu to "reset position" (not "reposition aircraft"). When I hit THAT, GSX breaks.

Will keep testing....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 02:39:46 pm »
UNTIL I call for catering. Then and only then I will have an entry in the pop-up menu to "reset position" (not "reposition aircraft"). When I hit THAT, GSX breaks.

That's not normal either. The "Reset position" will appear after you start ANY service, not just Catering. And it won't replace the "Reposition aircraft" at the 0 slot but, instead, will replace the "customize this parking position" at slot 9, because you can't customize a parking while services are running.

disco79stu

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 02:42:32 pm »

That's not normal either. The "Reset position" will appear after you start ANY service, not just Catering. And it won't replace the "Reposition aircraft" at the 0 slot but, instead, will replace the "customize this parking position" at slot 9, because you can't customize a parking while services are running.

Okay, so I guess I should completely de- and re-install then. Maybe this helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 02:43:42 pm »
I tried doing something similar to what you did in your video ( calling catering and then "reset position" ), and it works just fine, see the video:

As you can see, I also tried a reset position after calling refueling and even the most tricky one: a reset while SODE jetways were moving, which restarts both SODE and GSX, and that one worked normally as well.

disco79stu

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2021, 02:47:23 pm »
I tried doing something similar to what you did in your video ( calling catering and then "reset position" ), and it works just fine, see the video:

As you can see, I also tried a reset position after calling refueling and even the most tricky one: a reset while SODE jetways were moving, which restarts both SODE and GSX, and that one worked normally as well.

Okay, thanks, then it's definitely something messed up on my end.
When I tried to reset with SODE moving, it did not restart SODE.

I'll try a clean re-installation of GSX and SODE.

disco79stu

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 04:54:44 pm »
Okay, so I uninstalled GSX and AddonManager and re-installed everything.
Unfortunately, the problem persists.

I believe that after the 1st run (after LiveUpdate, where everything works), GSX apparently won't start properly. I didn't notice this at first but let's forget the catering/resetting etc. for a second.
Here's what happens:

- 1st run, everything's OK. In the top menu bar under "Add-ons" I have "Couatl settings", "Couatl Live Update" and "GSX". All good & working.

- Quit P3D normally.

- 2nd run, GSX now unresponsive, in the top menu I now only have "Couatl settings" and "Coutl Live Update". ... "GSX" is missing (as seen in my video as well).
Nothing I do (reboot, restart etc.) will bring the "GSX" menu entry back from this point on. So "something" is not starting anymore after the 1st run, for whatever reason.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 05:11:13 pm »
I was fairly sure the problem won't be fixed by reinstalling GSX because, it's most likely not caused by GSX.

I'll ask again: do you see some of the green messages ? Check if you have the GSX Verbosity setting to the maximum value.

disco79stu

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 05:14:37 pm »
I was fairly sure the problem won't be fixed by reinstalling GSX because, it's most likely not caused by GSX.

I'll ask again: do you see some of the green messages ? Check if you have the GSX Verbosity setting to the maximum value.

Yes, after setting the messages to "all", I saw every message, green and red. The ground handler was mentioned as well as the airport cache etc. Seemed legit.
But still, it doesn't work anymore after I quit P3D with the above mentioned missing "GSX" menu entry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 05:17:43 pm »
But still, it doesn't work anymore after I quit P3D with the above mentioned missing "GSX" menu entry.

Which is not what you showed in the video, which was GSX not restarting during a normal session. Now you are saying it's not starting after you quit P3D ( and I assume after you also restart P3D ) so, are you:

- Still getting the problem of the "reset position", as in your previous video ?

- Getting a different problem, which is a failure to start after quitting and restarting the sim ?

- Getting both problems ?

richbonneau

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2021, 05:23:08 pm »
It looks like all of my FSDT purchased products are in TRIAL mode after this latest update. 

Attempting to re-register them does nothing. 

I also am able to see the GSX menu initially, but on subsequent restarts it is no longer visible.  The addon manager shows TRIAL mode for GSX and all other FSDT addons I have.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2021, 05:25:28 pm »
It looks like all of my FSDT purchased products are in TRIAL mode after this latest update. 

Please don't post in a thread something that doesn't have anything to do with it, especially when another thread with a title exactly like your problem has already opened here, containing several suggestions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25476.0.html

disco79stu

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 05:28:04 pm »

Which is not what you showed in the video, which was GSX not restarting during a normal session. Now you are saying it's not starting after you quit P3D ( and I assume after you also restart P3D ) so, are you:

- Still getting the problem of the "reset position", as in your previous video ?

- Getting a different problem, which is a failure to start after quitting and restarting the sim ?

- Getting both problems ?

Basically both problems. I just wanted to make it as easy as possible. I have the feeling the issues are rooted in the same problem.

- "reset position" will "kill" GSX and it's entry in the menu.

- Quitting P3D will do the same, after opening it again, the GSX menu entry is gone.

- The "Couatl64_P3D.exe" process won't terminate when I quit P3D. This leads to Couatl being missing from P3D all togehter on the next start, unless I terminate the process manually.

- In all cases, GSX will only work again when I run LiveUpdate prior to opening P3D. But only so long until I either quit P3D or "reset position". After that GSX will not work anymore.

What related processes should be running for GSX to work correctly?

Almogatar

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2021, 05:28:31 pm »
Hi Umberto,

After playing a bit with my scenery list I was able to open the GSX menu but now I'm facing the same issue as the OP. GSX is working only after running the FSDT live updater, I can see all green bar messages and everything is working until I'm changing aircrafts in the sim or after closing and re-opening. Couatl64_P3D takes a lot of time to close after closing the P3D, even tried to manually shut it down before re opening the sim with no luck.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 05:35:23 pm »
Couatl64_P3D takes a lot of time to close after closing the P3D

But it does close automatically ? Taking a long time to close it's not a problem, it might take a while if you have a lot of add-ons installed, so both a lot of RAM is allocated ( meaning Windows must reclaim it all, before it will really close the sim ) but also lots of add-ons are handling the closure.

Also, we have a system that will try to quit in any case, when the connection with the simulator is interrupted for some time, which also explains why it seem to take longer than usual to close automatically. But if it close by itself, it means everything is fine, and it should start normally on the next sim restart.