Author Topic: GSX does not recognize SODE Jetways at DD Washington X KDCA  (Read 2907 times)

MELKOR

I'm running:

P3D 5.2.22.27615 (the latest available)
GSX Level 2 2.9.3, and have run FSDT Live Update
SODE 1.7.1
Drzewiecki Design Washington X 1.5 (the latest available)

I am able to control jetways via direct use of SODE.

But GSX says "No jetway here" in the menu, for every gate that I've tried.

GSX works in every other add-on scenery I've tried, including other DD airports such as New York Airport X KEWR.

I've also attached Couatl.log, in case that helps.

Thanks.

- Bill
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:45:09 pm by MELKOR »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX does not recognize SODE Jetways at DD Washington X KDCA
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 10:38:39 pm »
Have you tried to reload airport cache and restart Couatl. I've found that when that happens, that usually solves it, and if it doesn't, restarting the simulator after doing that usually solves it.
Captain Kevin

MELKOR

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 10:39:10 pm »
Have you tried to reload airport cache and restart Couatl. I've found that when that happens, that usually solves it, and if it doesn't, restarting the simulator after doing that usually solves it.

Indeed, I did try that. No joy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 12:11:54 am »
Your log file shows you have a custom GSX profile for KDCA you made yourself.

However, you log also shows you weren't at KDCA when you made it, because ( according to your log ), you started at KDCA, then you moved to KBWI, then you moved to KEWR so, it's difficult to say what the problem is, because I can see GSX jetways being loaded, but they seem to be for KBWI.

Please go ONLY to KDCA and check the scenery customization page what does it say about jetways.

A common issue with 3rd party scenery developers and SODE jetways, is they use names not confirming to the AFCAD standard.

This might work with SODE only, but in order for SODE to work together with GSX, the SODE jetways MUST be named using the precise, exact, standard naming convention of the AFCAD. This won't obviously limit or prevent the developer ability to give the jetway name a "friendly" name, which can be anything, but the name *itself* MUST be confirming to the AFCAD standards. Lots of 3rd party developers don't fully understand this, so their SODE jetways works only with SODE, but not with GSX.

MELKOR

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 07:40:39 pm »
However, you log also shows you weren't at KDCA when you made it, because ( according to your log ), you started at KDCA, then you moved to KBWI, then you moved to KEWR so, it's difficult to say what the problem is, because I can see GSX jetways being loaded, but they seem to be for KBWI.

Please go ONLY to KDCA and check the scenery customization page what does it say about jetways.
That was purposeful. Wanted to show in comparison to other airports where GSX + SODE does work. I've attached another log file for KDCA alone, and attached a screenshot of the customization page.

This might work with SODE only, but in order for SODE to work together with GSX, the SODE jetways MUST be named using the precise, exact, standard naming convention of the AFCAD. This won't obviously limit or prevent the developer ability to give the jetway name a "friendly" name, which can be anything, but the name *itself* MUST be confirming to the AFCAD standards. Lots of 3rd party developers don't fully understand this, so their SODE jetways works only with SODE, but not with GSX.

Okay. If the new log file + screenshot confirm your suspicion, then I'll talk to Drzewiecki.

Thanks.