Author Topic: Feature suggestions list?  (Read 1314 times)

Neil Hewitt

Feature suggestions list?
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:36:40 pm »
Hi.

While I'm asking questions... is there any kind of feature request list / uservoice etc that users can contribute to? I've lurked here for a while and I've browsed some old topics and I know many ideas have been suggested in the past, some over and over. I didn't want to make that problem any bigger.

That said, I do have some requests / suggestions for future revisions that I haven't seen posted here (though I can't be sure they never have been). The 'networking GSX' question is one that interests me but I know that's a long way off if ever, and as I said in my last post, I have a way around that! Also, the 'passengers boarding from the terminal / gate on foot' is something I'd definitely add my +1 for. Again, I've found a way to bodge that at EGLC that works for me. But in terms of things I haven't seen mentioned anywhere:

• I'd like to have the option to board and deboard pilots, cabin crew and passengers separately (ie as separate operations), for cases where the crew is on fast turnaround and is not changing between flights, or for the first flight of the day when the crew may be doing set-up tasks on board for a while before passengers board.
  • I'd like to be able to tweak the starting position and routes of all the service vehicles, not just their final position relative to the aircraft. This would include buses, catering etc.
  • I'd like to have the ability to have comms sounds (marshaller dialog etc) played through a different sound device to the other GSX sounds, for headphone + speaker scenarios.
  • Finally, I'd like to be able to manually tweak the fuel on aircraft without a custom fuelling system without needing to use the FSX/P3D dialog (I guess that would depend on the new UI elements you're working on now), and if there's any way to create a simulation of progressive fuelling for aircraft without a custom fuelling system (even just faking it so it takes time), I'd really like that.

But I should say that GSX is awesome already, given the constraints of the platform (I'm an occasional add-on developer, so I know a decent amount about the sim as a platform) you've done an amazing job and it just keeps getting better. Now that I can use it on my network setup and see the vehicles etc from my cockpit outside view, which was the one thing I was really missing, I never fly without it.

NH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feature suggestions list?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 11:28:04 am »
I think all your suggestions has been already asked several times, and we confirmed they'll be all taken into consideration. However, as with all the other things related to GSX features in general, this will have to wait until after we'll release GSX for MSFS 2020, which is everything we are working at it now, when GSX is concerned.