Author Topic: Message text unreadable  (Read 1419 times)

plguzman

Message text unreadable
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:58:15 pm »
Hello Umberto, I'm having a weird problem here. My message text is suddenly unreadable. I have the text banner appearing but can't read what it says. Attached you will find a picture of the COUATL rebuilding airport cache.

Have tried a lot of things, run update, reinstalled client, content, FSUIPC, simconnect, deleted cfg, but no success so far.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Message text unreadable
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:19:09 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products.

The above text bar is a core function of the sim, it's used by several add-ons, and developers don't have any control over it. You can try rebuilding the shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4 ( or 5 )\Shaders

restart the sim and wait a minute or two with a black screen ( normal ), for all shaders being rebuilt.

plguzman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:27:48 pm »
Thanks for your response... Already tried that, same result (just did it again after reading your post). Really puzzles me, never saw anything like that. Also installed new video drivers, same result.

???

plguzman

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 08:36:39 am »
Hello, for those who have this problem, it seems its EA that conflicts with this. If you fly with EA activated could have this problem randomly. The good news is that deactivating and reactivating EA fixes the issue temporally.

Cheers.