Author Topic: Containers change in flight  (Read 2167 times)

LukeK

Containers change in flight
« on: January 18, 2021, 05:01:57 pm »
Just flew from JFK to ZRH on Delta (both airports FSDT). At JFK I selected Delta as my ground handling, then in ZRH I selected Swissport since Delta wasn't available. Should GSX not remember what my cargo containers looked like, and use Delta instead of Swissport?

Cheers!

Luke

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Containers change in flight
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 05:25:45 pm »
The only way it will know what containers you have is whatever you have set in the atc_parking_codes line of the aircraft.cfg for that aircraft.
Captain Kevin

LukeK

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 04:43:41 am »
The only way it will know what containers you have is whatever you have set in the atc_parking_codes line of the aircraft.cfg for that aircraft.

If that was true, why would it be different at the departure and arrival airports? The aircraft hasn't changed. It definitely appears to be set based on my ground handling operator preferences.

Cheers!

Luke

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 11:11:22 am »
If that was true, why would it be different at the departure and arrival airports? The aircraft hasn't changed. It definitely appears to be set based on my ground handling operator preferences.
That's what I'm trying to tell you. It's doing exactly that because you DON'T have anything set in the atc_parking_codes line of the aircraft.cfg for that aircraft, so it DOESN'T know what airline you're flying, and it defaults to the ground handling operator. The only way it can know what the containers should be is by whatever you have set in the atc_parking_codes line of the aircraft.cfg, so you need to set that.
Captain Kevin

Airmaz1

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 08:35:46 pm »
Luke.

Go to the Aircraft.cfg folder, find the FLTsim entry for your selected livery and add the following line just below where it says atc_parking_types:

atc_parking_codes=DAL

You will nedd to do this for every livery that hasn't added this and selecting the correct ICAO code for that airling, Eg DAL is deltas code.

LukeK

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 02:40:52 pm »
Thank you Kevin, that nailed it. I'll need to go through my other aircraft and see what others are missing parking codes.

Cheers!

Luke