Author Topic: Future expectation concerning GSX2  (Read 1792 times)

Bernhard48

Future expectation concerning GSX2
« on: February 01, 2021, 05:15:29 pm »
To: Developer and parties concerned

As I am fairly new to flight simulation and its add-ons kindly ask you to give me some information which i cant find in any manual.
There are statements such as "coming soon" in your GSX2 which have been there since way over a year. I miss also correction
on issues such as to be able to refuel without to be forced to remove the steps when parking on a remote parking. Passenger bus
moves around in a manner that is irrational etc...
I would rather pay a higher price or/and pay for an upgrade and use a product that fits into well detailed airports and more so to
aircrafts so close to reality .

I ask you to see this here as a statement that is shared  also by others in the community .

Thank you for your attention , looking forward in the future

Best Regards

Bernhard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Future expectation concerning GSX2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 10:21:08 am »
There are statements such as "coming soon" in your GSX2 which have been there since way over a year.

These kind of comments are very similar to the ones we received sometime in 2019, when the constant flow update stopped for about 6 months, because we were very busy working on an huge update to add PBR, which required an almost complete remake of most of the 3d models and textures, and right before the update, users like you came hear asking for statements or complaining about promised features that seemed to be late. Then we released the FREE PBR update, and all complaints stopped, since shortly after that we restarted the constant flow of updates users were accustomed to, adding major new features like a completely new pushback algorithm with custom routes and the quick pushback, regional speech accents, marshallers with variable clothing depending on weather, the mobile gpu vehicle, and many other things that users asked, which the 6 month "pause" due to the work to do the free PBR update made it look like we "stopped" developing GSX.

What happened since "over a year" ? MSFS 2020 happened and, of course, our single priority since it has been announced ( which include the months it was in Alpha ), our unique priority was to bring as many products as possible to it, and in doing this we have been very successful so far, since we released 6 products in less than 6 month, with a 7th coming out in the next days. Please note that, even if for users it might seems MSFS only came in August 2020, for us it really came in December 2019, when we got access to the first (bugged) SDK so yes, it has been exactly "over a year"...

While sceneries are reasonably easy to do, a product as complex as GSX first required missing features in the SDK, which were slowly coming but, obviously, we couldn't just wait for it so, in the past year, we laid out lot of the preparation work to move our existing software to MSFS 2020, which use different method to do similar things ( WASM modules with no Windows API support, for example, required many changes to our software ).

After GSX for MSFS will be released ( don't ask when, since we don't know exactly ), the usual flow of the constant updates that everybody knows GSX always had since 2012 when it came out originally, will resume.

Bernhard48

Re: Future expectation concerning GSX2
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 02:21:40 pm »
Thank you for your prompt reply and I do agree your addon is more complex then some others that are
dealt with in/or for the SIM. I also understand you focus on the new MSFS as there is where yout future
income is.

Thank you and best regards
Bernhard