Author Topic: Query about uninstall and reinstallation due to using delete generated files P3D  (Read 2423 times)

cardinal

Hi

Before I get into further trouble I had to use the delete generated files option in P3Dv4.5, and since re-starting P3D, I get the Addon Manager entry but no GSX entry on the menu bar. All my purchases are still in the Addon Manager.

What do I need to do to solve this and in any particular order?

Can I save anything in order to keep any settings/files etc first?

Kind Regards

chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The "delete generated files" option should not require any reinstall, since on the next restart after running it, the simulator should ask you if you want to activate the Addon Manager again, because its add-on.xml is still in the "Documents Prepar3D V4 addons" folder and the "delete generated files" option doesn't remove that one.

When the sim refers to "FSDT Addon Manager", it's NOT just the Addon manager menu, it's the whole Addon Manager add-on, which should load the Addon Manager, the Couatl menu and the GSX menu.

It's not clear from your message, if you are missing "just" the GSX menu, or the Couatl menu as well.

cardinal

I only have the addon manager in my menu and no gsx.
Just for interest i do have disable = 0 in my CouatlAddons ini file.

This is what the error states
couatl v4.0 (build 4471)
panic log started on Wed Nov  4 21:33:14 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 976, in walkAndDestroy
  File ".\common\walker.py", line 276, in walkTo
  File ".\common\walker.py", line 282, in _walkTo
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'addMarkers'
{'Airport': 'YSSY', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 34', 'User Pos': (-33.9391975381521, 151.16728583136094, 10.556 m, 4.15798 m, 93.43235740730697)}

regards
chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
couatl v4.0 (build 4471)

This indicates you haven't run the FSDT Live Update, since the current build for P3D since at least a month, is 4475. Or, maybe, you use it but your antivirus has blocked the update because it has mistakenly flagged the program as a threat.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

- Run the FSDT Live update.

cardinal

This is not working for me so have now uninstalled all FSDT products.

I want to install in separate directory like E:FSDT

So, to start again, do I download from the FSDT website, in this order

gsx
gsx level 2
FSDT Airports

or just GSX level 2 followed by airports

Then put addon manager in my ESET exclude and Windows defender inbound+outbound rules?

Thanks

cardinal

Right have done a fresh install and it still does not work.
I get run fsdt live update, then this appears
cannot read the fsdt registry key access to the path c\......roaming\microsoft\fsx\fsx.cfg is denied

I am not using fsx

What is going on?

How do i resolve this.

I have now spent 5 days trying to sort this out

cardinal

Where is the support for this product????

I have followed all the install directions, turned off my AV, downloaded the latest GSX all in one p3d4 package, let it install in program data 86, added my av exclude to the addon manager, fired up P3d and it still bloody states registry key to fsx cfg is denied, attempts to reload cache then abruptly crashes, well in fact reboots my pc. Addon manager states that gsx+gsx level 2 are active (probably due to my backup registry keys?) NO gsx or couatl enties in the P3D menu options.

This has to be the most unfriendly, complicated software ever invented.

I've been siming for 20+years and never had a problem like this.

Kindly tell me what needs to be done to remedy this.

Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Where is the support for this product????
Might want to be a little more patient, it's only been two hours between this post and your last post, and Umberto lives in Switzerland, so he most likely isn't awake to help you right now.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Your problem doesn't obviously have anything to do with GSX, or the Live Update. From your report, it seems you still have registry keys for FSX, which you shouldn't if you don't have FSX installed.

Some of the most common reasons why you still have FSX registry keys when you don't have FSX anymore are:

- You removed FSX manually instead of uninstalling it

- You installed FSX, then you installed FSX:SE, then you removed FSX without reinstalling FSX:SE.

- You used the dangerous P3D Migration tool, which has created fake FSX registry keys to force the installation of products that are not compatible with P3D. Our products ARE compatible with P3D and FSX in the proper way so, using that tool would of course confuse them, as will confuse any other "proper" product that supports both FSX and P3D as separate products, instead of using that hack to force-install FSX products in FSX.

So, you don't really have FSX installed, you should:

- Clear all your FSX registry entries, which you shouldn't have if you ran the FSX uninstallers.

- Uninstall the Migration tool if you ever used it, assuming it has an option to undo all the damage it did.