Author Topic: GSX Installation  (Read 5559 times)

XUnityS

GSX Installation
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:43:26 pm »
Hello i need support with my GSX Free trial because im trying to Download it for my Prepar3Dv3 but i have the Prepar3Dv4 and FSX so i dont know how to make it work, im downloading gsx but it's not loading in my simulator help pls

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Installation
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 10:49:01 pm »
Which simulator are you trying to run it for. It's not really clear.
Captain Kevin

XUnityS

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 11:54:16 pm »
Which simulator are you trying to run it for. It's not really clear.
Im trying to Install in Prepar3Dv3

trisho0

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 02:14:29 am »
Since this thread is related with GSX Installation I have question. I found from Simmarket selling GSX2 FSX P3D 32-bit and also GSX2 P3Dv4.4 64-bit. I purchased in 2018 the GSX2 Expansion FSX P3D and I think is 32-bit. I have installed in both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5 Today I found the GSX2 64-bit and wonder if I want the 64-bit do I have to pay again?
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 12:44:42 am »
Im trying to Install in Prepar3Dv3
Are you using the 32-bit installer. There's one for FSX/P3D V3 and another one for P3D V4/V5.
Since this thread is related with GSX Installation I have question. I found from Simmarket selling GSX2 FSX P3D 32-bit and also GSX2 P3Dv4.4 64-bit. I purchased in 2018 the GSX2 Expansion FSX P3D and I think is 32-bit. I have installed in both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5 Today I found the GSX2 64-bit and wonder if I want the 64-bit do I have to pay again?
You shouldn't have to. You should be able to just go on the FSDreamteam website and download the 64-bit installer.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 03:39:39 pm »
You shouldn't have to. You should be able to just go on the FSDreamteam website and download the 64-bit installer.
[/quote]
Hello my Captain Kevin, very long time not seen around and I hope you are safe, too much virus outside. OK, thanks for your help but now I am afraid to place GSX2 64bit for P3Dv4.5 due to many users having issues with installation. A pleasure to keep in touch.
Patricio

LukeK

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 05:10:41 pm »
now I am afraid to place GSX2 64bit for P3Dv4.5 due to many users having issues with installation.

Selection bias. People who install it without issues do not come here to say so.

Cheers!

Luke

trisho0

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 05:44:17 pm »
now I am afraid to place GSX2 64bit for P3Dv4.5 due to many users having issues with installation.

Selection bias. People who install it without issues do not come here to say so.

Cheers!

Luke
Selection bias? I don't know that. Did you install GSX2 64bit into P3Dv4.5 without any bad side effects?
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 10:14:45 am »
Selection bias? I don't know that. Did you install GSX2 64bit into P3Dv4.5 without any bad side effects?
It runs fine for me.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 03:59:39 pm »
It runs fine for me.
Because you don't have FSX in the same PC I guess. I have both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5 I may give a try to see what happen. If not a success then reinstall the complete GSX and GSX2 over again. Do I need to uninstall from P3Dv4.5 the GSX 32bit before installing the 64bit? Thanks Kevin for your comments.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 04:39:29 pm by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 05:11:12 pm »
GSX surely supports having FSX and P3D 4 ( and 5 too ) installed at the same time. In fact, it's DESIGNED to be like that.

However, if you are coming from a VERY old GSX version, one that used non-PBR objects in P3D 4 too, it's probably best if you uninstall GSX entirely, and reinstall using only the latest installers, both 32 and 64 bit, because if your installation is old, it would take way longer to download the updates than just installing from a newer installer.

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 05:55:25 pm »
GSX surely supports having FSX and P3D 4 ( and 5 too ) installed at the same time. In fact, it's DESIGNED to be like that.

However, if you are coming from a VERY old GSX version, one that used non-PBR objects in P3D 4 too, it's probably best if you uninstall GSX entirely, and reinstall using only the latest installers, both 32 and 64 bit, because if your installation is old, it would take way longer to download the updates than just installing from a newer installer.
What do you mean GSX too old? I do FSDT LiveUpdate more than once in a week. If LiveUpdate did updates without problems then I assume the GSX is up to date. So, I would uninstall GSX entirely from only P3Dv4.5
What do you recommend me to do?
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 05:58:50 pm »
What do you mean GSX too old?

You said "Do I need to uninstall from P3Dv4.5 the GSX 32bit before installing the 64bit?". Which leads to believe you might have a very old version, since if you ran the FSDT Live Updater recently, it would have installed the 64 bit version automatically.

Have you switched to 32 bit version manually ? In any case, if your GSX installer is recent, there's no need to uninstall anything. If you are running GSX in P3D 4.5 right now, and for some reason you want to add GSX for FSX, just run the 32 bit installer.

trisho0

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 06:04:58 pm »
What do you mean GSX too old?

You said "Do I need to uninstall from P3Dv4.5 the GSX 32bit before installing the 64bit?". Which leads to believe you might have a very old version, since if you ran the FSDT Live Updater recently, it would have installed the 64 bit version automatically.

Have you switched to 32 bit version manually ? In any case, if your GSX installer is recent, there's no need to uninstall anything. If you are running GSX in P3D 4.5 right now, and for some reason you want to add GSX for FSX, just run the 32 bit installer.
I never installed GSX2 64bit so I didn't change anything but LiveUpdate only. Liveupdate takes care for my both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5
I can go ahead and install the 64bit over the 32bit in P3Dv4.5
Should be OK?

Patricio

Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 06:13:54 pm »
I never installed GSX2 64bit so I didn't change anything but LiveUpdate only. Liveupdate takes care for my both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5

I think there's a lot of confusion here. GSX has two installers:

- The 32 bit installer CANNOT be installed in P3D 4 or 5, not even by mistake. The installer will simply see only FSX or P3D 1, 2 or 3

- The 64 bit installer installs ONLY in P3D 4 or 5, you cannot install it in FSX, not even by mistake.

However, even with the 64 bit installer, at least until last September, the GSX support was an hybrid application, because it was made by a combination of the Addon Manager, which is a native 64 app compiled with the P3D 4 SDK, and the Couatl scripting engine, which is a 32 bit app, compiled with the FSX SDK, which connected to P3D in backward compatibility mode.

This until last September. With that update, we released a 64 bit version of the Couatl engine, compiled with the P3D4 SDK, and it's installed automatically by the FSDT Live Update so, unless you manually configured P3D4 to use the 32 bit version ( still possible ), if you kept the program updated, you ARE already running GSX entirely in 64 bit.

So, I'm now not fully sure what you are asking or what your issue is. If you installed GSX both in P3D and FSX, and you ran the FSDT Live Update recently, everything is as it's supposed to be. If you are missing GSX from FSX, just install the 32 bit installer, so it will be added to FSX.