Author Topic: No pushback option  (Read 3515 times)

Keight

No pushback option
« on: November 17, 2020, 11:30:09 pm »
Hello. Would it be possible to add an option not to offer pushback when prepare for departure selected?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: No pushback option
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:54:09 am »
You can already set specific gates to do that.
Captain Kevin

Keight

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:19:46 am »
You can already set specific gates to do that.
could you describe how to do that? it keeps asking whether pushback is needed even with "none" selected in pushback tab.

Keight

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 11:28:56 am »
?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 01:26:55 pm »
There is a reason why even a straight pushback option is always available, even when the pushback preference is set to "None", and it's because many 3rd party sceneries are still released with "None", because older versions of ADE didn't allow to edit that setting, because it was ignored by AI.

GSX cannot possibly know if a scenery developer set the pushback preference to None because of a mistake, or because he really meant *no* pushback is allowed there and, since the number of 3rd party sceneries in which the pushback preference was set to None by mistake was surely higher than the few cases in which there was a legitimate reason to prevent pushback there, many users assumed GSX has a "bug", because when the scenery set "None", it didn't offer any pushback. This happened years ago so, following many users requests, we added the option to always have a Straight pushback at least.

However, since many users wanted to set a gate with a real "no pushback" option, we added the QUESTION: when the pushback preference is set to "none", you are being asked if you want to perform pushback or not, and this is of course the only sensible course of action because it will still give you the flexibility to still have pushback there, if needed, without have to re-edit the parking position again, just because you needed it once.

Keight

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 02:02:32 pm »
sounds reasonable. in that case could you implement an option not to offer pushback at all? its necessary a)for stand where pushback is not required b)for those who using built-in pushback airplanes (e.g PMDG) c)for those using another software for pushnack (e.g UGCX)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:12:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 02:12:56 pm »
sounds reasonable. in that case could you implement an option not to offer pushback at all? its necessary a)for stand where pushback is not required b)for those who using built-in pushback airplanes (e.g PMDG) c)for those using another software for pushnack (e.g UGCX)

As I've said, if we added an option to permanently disable pushback from a gate, you would first have to edit all gates to disable, and re-edit them back if you want to re-enable for any reason, so the question is clearly better and won't disrupt your flow.

If you don't want to use GSX pushback in general, just don't call GSX pushback, and that's it. GSX vehicles used for Boarding now go back to their original position automatically ( they used to stay attached until pushback in earlier versions ), precisely for that reason so, a departure without pushback is as simple as not calling the departure.

Keight

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »
but there is already an option "always ask for pushback". when its selected it asks for pushback and initiates pushback. when unticked it does not ask and initiates. all I am asking is to have 3rd option: neither ask nor initiate. ideally regardless what is selected in the pushback tab.

"just dont call GSX pushback" is not a solution when it comes to say FSLabs ATSU flows with GSX integration.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 11:10:01 pm »
?
Forgive me if I can't respond right away, as I drive a tractor-trailer for a living, so I am never on my computer when I'm at work, and I don't have consistent work hours, either.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 04:34:44 pm »
"just dont call GSX pushback" is not a solution when it comes to say FSLabs ATSU flows with GSX integration.

Even if GSX *had* this option, the airplane code should be updated.

In fact, it's exactly the opposite of what you are saying, if we had that option, it would *BREAK* the existing aircraft integration, unless the airplane code would be updated as well, to recognize it. And, there's not just the FS Labs, even Aerosoft and Leonardo are integrated with GSX so, ideally, they should release patches to support it all at the same time, otherwise users of an airplane would complain a change in GSX broke their integration.

Keight

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 02:26:19 am »
that makes sense. then once you prepare an update which will anyway break the aircraft integration so that they will have to update their code, please consider adding no pushback option as well.
thank you.