Author Topic: GSX not starting, airports not displaying  (Read 4933 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not starting, airports not displaying
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 02:28:22 pm »
No, it is the same now in trial mode as it was before when it was active. I am not able to launch it either via the keyboard shortcut or via the menu.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't work, try after a Windows reinstall

- If that  doesn't work either, try reinstalling GSX using the Full installer.

SloAir

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 10:36:21 pm »
Ok, I double check that the whole addon manager folder is excluded from the antivirus and added it as excluded just in case again, then run the live update, with no change. Then I also did a full reinstall of GSX, with no change either.

I wasn't feeling like reinstalling windows as well, so I wanted to try some other things as well. And I have noticed that half of my products were listed as installed and active, while half were listed as installed, in trial mode, despite having the serial added in the addon manager. And I was still getting the message that a few of the products were installed and need to be activated when starting P3D and the licence wizard for CLT and FLL after I quit. Then I tried and went from full screen mode to activate the licence via the licence wizard for CLT and FLL (again, despite being listed as active) and then went back to the sim, when additional messages started to appear about the other products previously listed as in trial mode. Now all of them work again, hope it stays this way and that I will stop getting licencing messages every time I start P3D  :)

Thank you for the ideas and help, hope this helps someone if they get in a similar situation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 07:50:59 am »
Then I tried and went from full screen mode to activate the licence via the licence wizard for CLT and FLL (again, despite being listed as active)

I wonder how you could that, since the "Register Serial" button is disabled if a product is listed "Active". In any case, yes, it's usually best to use windowed mode to activate a product, since you might miss the dialogs if they are behind the main window.