Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started.  (Read 2662 times)

andymax00

Couatl scripting engine hasn't started.
« on: October 04, 2020, 09:18:39 pm »
Hi,

Just installed GSX Level 2 on a fresh P3Dv4 / W10 installation. I loaded the sim, went ahead to register the product under the Addon Manager menu, and the following message popped-up: "The Couatl scripting engine hasn't started...". Followed all the steps listed in here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656 without any luck.

Addon Manager menu is visible. Couatl menu is not and I am not seeing any "GSX regenerating airport cache" message.

AV is off, folders are excluded just in case, Windows defender is off as well and I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Please see attached the "Couatl.LOG" in case it might helps.

Thank you,

Andrés.

Guggibob

Re: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 10:46:15 pm »
I have the same problem with GSX 2. After making an update to the newese version, I get the message, that the "Couatl scripting engine hasn't started." I spent half of my sunday, trying to solve this problem, but nothing of the suggested things work.

methax112

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 04:53:05 am »
I have the same problem, yesterday I made two flights without any problem with the GSX, but today when trying to run the GSX with the combination of keys Ctrl + Shit + F12 it simply did not open the program menu.
I have reviewed the Addons Menu and the Addon Manager is found but the Couatl is no more, when I go to the Addon Manager menu to check that the GSX and GSX L2 were installed correctly, I see them in the list but in both programs it seems that The licenses are not active, I have tried to reactivate them and when doing so, it displays a dialog window that tells me that the Couatl scripting engine does not start and that this problem is commonly caused by Antivirus.

I do not have Antivirus on my computer, only antivirus and Windows Firewell, however I have excluded the entire Addon Manager folder according to what the message recommends, I have run Live Update again and it still does not work.

I have read all kinds of recommendations in the forum, I have uninstalled the GSX and SODE, I have reinstalled them by restarting the computer and everything remains the same, I have exhausted all the recommendations and it does not work, the GSX does not appear in the Addon Manager menu of the P3D v4.5.11.29713

Also I read in the forum that it was a P3D problem but I already uninstalled and reinstalled the P3d v4.5 Content.msi and it doesn't work.

The program is well installed, the FSDT Update works and updates the program but in the P3D Simulator v4.5 it doesn't work anymore.
Could you help me solve this problem that appeared to me overnight?

Jose Bieletto

Is not P3D problem, is FSDT, i installed about 3 week ago and works fine, reinstall due to a hard disk change, and the problems start... Running P3Dv4.5.14.34698

andymax00

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 09:27:22 pm »
Dear Umberto (@virtuali), your input on this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 10:08:05 pm »
Your error log shows you don't have all the latest files in the Live Update.

- Be sure you don't have a firewall blocking the Live Update program

- Configure the antivirus to add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to its exclusions.