Author Topic: High latitudes airports issue  (Read 3093 times)

kmax59

High latitudes airports issue
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:23:05 pm »
Hello,

After a few flights at several northern airports I realized that GSX has a quite annoying issue at high latitudes : the gsx animations are stuttering/stopping every 1/2 seconds while the simulator itself is running normally.
I've been performing quite a lot of tests with default airports, orbx regions airports or 3rd party detailed sceneries, with several different aircraft and the result is the same. As soon as the latitude is pretty high this issue happen.

You can easily observe that at the gate at Resolute bay or Svalbard as an example. I've checked and crosschecked any conflict with any sceneries and I can confirm this can only be related to GSX itself. Everything else is clean at these places.

My cpu is running normally, the GPU as well.

Someone else already reported a similar issue there: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=22366.0

Could it be investigated please?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:15:19 pm by kmax59 »

Will737

Re: High latitudes airports issue
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 01:26:57 pm »
Hi,

You're not the only one, I also encounter that problem on such airports.

Regards

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:08:25 pm »
Hello,

After a few flights at several northern airports I realized that GSX has a quite annoying issue at high altitudes : the gsx animations are stuttering/stopping every 1/2 seconds while the simulator itself is running normally.
I've been performing quite a lot of tests with default airports, orbx regions airports or 3rd party detailed sceneries, with several different aircraft and the result is the same. As soon as the latitude is pretty high this issue happen.

You can easily observe that at the gate at Resolute bay or Svalbard as an example. I've checked and crosschecked any conflict with any sceneries and I can confirm this can only be related to GSX itself. Everything else is clean at these places.

Someone else already reported a similar issue there: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=22366.0

Latitudes or Altitudes?     Your title says one thing, your text says something else.

kmax59

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 03:16:17 pm »
Hello,

After a few flights at several northern airports I realized that GSX has a quite annoying issue at high altitudes : the gsx animations are stuttering/stopping every 1/2 seconds while the simulator itself is running normally.

Latitudes or Altitudes?     Your title says one thing, your text says something else.

Of course I meant Latitude, I guess my examples answered your questions as both Svalbard and  Resolute bay are not at high altitudes but high latitudes.

FlySteveX

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 03:18:04 pm »
I have made myself some tests, and I have indeed the same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 01:25:07 am »
It's very strange but, we'll check this.

kmax59

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 11:58:52 am »
It's very strange but, we'll check this.

Thanks Virtuali  :)

kmax59

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 07:57:05 am »
Hello there,

Any update about this?
The issue is still happening.