Author Topic: GSX L2 Pushback-Backs the entire aircarft thru the airport building  (Read 1603 times)

cortina

HI;

My PMDG 747-8 was parked at FSDT KJFK v2 Gate 402. Requested pushback "Nose Right / Tail Left." It actually did a turn and backed the aircraft through what seem to be the tower. I thought it was strange since this is a FSDT airport and GSX would know the location of airport buildings and would know to avoid them; do correct me if I am wrong. It seems that it's not pushing it out far enough to clear any obstacles before it turns.

I have been using the pushback at other airports (none FSDT) without problems it seems to push the aircraft out far enough to clear anything. I could understand if it's not a FSDT airport and I may have to do a straight out pushback. but not it's own custom.
Maybe this is the way it is for this one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kindest Regards.
Cortina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 Pushback-Backs the entire aircarft thru the airport building
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:13:21 pm »
I thought it was strange since this is a FSDT airport and GSX would know the location of airport buildings and would know to avoid them; do correct me if I am wrong. It seems that it's not pushing it out far enough to clear any obstacles before it turns.

While we have many custom pushback at our more recent sceneries like KORD or LFSB, older products might not be updated to use custom pushback, other than I think KLAX. So in this case, you will just have to create a custom pushback, which will be saved for the next time you are on that parking.

cortina

Re: GSX L2 Pushback-Backs the entire aircarft thru the airport building
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 10:34:02 pm »
Hi Umberto;

Ok understood, thanks for the explanation and clarification I appreciate it. I will create a custom pushback, haven't done it before so this will be a good test for me.

Thanks again.
Cortina.