Author Topic: GSX not working in P3Dv4.5 **SOLVED**  (Read 1447 times)

UTF

GSX not working in P3Dv4.5 **SOLVED**
« on: November 28, 2020, 01:13:23 am »

Once upon a time I had busy ground operations in FSX. All my attempts to get GSX working in P3Dv4.5 failed so far. I am frustrated and need help.
That's what I have so far:
All my GSX-files, Addon Manager, Live Update etc. are in the appropriate location and I can run Life Update successfully.
My UpdateCache is always up to date.
The add-on list in the sim shows no entry for GSX or the Addon Manager (1).
To exclude McAfee LifeSafe as the culprit, I turned it off before starting the Sim, the result was negative as it was before.
An uninstall and reinstall of six VC++ libraries is supposed to be a remedy. This is the list of my installed files (3).
There are some problems: The two VC++ 2005 SP1 files are no more supported by Microsoft, therefore I don't want to delete them.
The other entries, with the exception of VC++ 2013 and VC++ 2015 are obviously irrelevant for the functioning of GSX.
I updated all four of them to the newest versions. Situation unchanged, snafu!
My last ditch attempt was to create a couatl.ini file in the Virtuali folder and wait for the appearance of Couatl.LOG. As you can see (6), I am still waiting!
Maybe I don't understand what "Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation" means.
Otherwise, situation unchanged.....
Now what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:27:17 am by virtuali »

UTF

Re: GSX not working in P3Dv4.5
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 11:30:40 pm »
Problem solved!
I was chasing a phantom because I forgot to activate GSX in Si-Lorby's Addon Manager.
I apologize for the confusion.