Author Topic: pushback messages  (Read 3299 times)

mwyatt

pushback messages
« on: August 22, 2020, 06:39:19 pm »
At the end of each pushback, the wingwalker says various messages including "Have a good trip", I see this message top left of the screen, but I hear nothing.
Where is that file stored please, to make sure I have it, or can I download it from somewhere.
Martin.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: pushback messages
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 01:59:35 am »
I don't think there's an audio message for "Have a good trip."
Captain Kevin

Gadget FPV

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 09:37:06 am »
I hear the "Have a good trip" message, sometmes, but not all the time... Depends which airport, I think... I get it at EGLL...  It may have something to do with regions...

mwyatt

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 04:42:15 pm »
If you could locate the audio file for "Have a good trip", can you tell me where it is (or should be !)
Martin.

Gadget FPV

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 11:27:21 am »
If you could locate the audio file for "Have a good trip", can you tell me where it is (or should be !)
Martin.

Sorry "Captain Kevin" is right... there is no audio for this... It is just a message at the top of the screen... my bad, I thought it was an audio, but is it not...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 03:14:20 pm »
At the end of each pushback, the wingwalker says various messages including "Have a good trip", I see this message top left of the screen, but I hear nothing. Where is that file stored please, to make sure I have it, or can I download it from somewhere.

That's correct. When the pushback operator has walked away from your plane, it has already disconnected the headset, so you are not supposed to hear anything.

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 12:36:11 am »
He gets cranky if you release parking brakes before he has stopped waving twice.  :)

I have 120 degree surround screens with the green messages appearing at the top of my left screen. The walker could be to my right.
Could the ending be tidied up a bit with a brief audio cue for when you can proceed?
How about a "Hish, click" as the headset is disconnected? Saves repeatedly looking for the 'good trip' message or the end of the second wave?
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 06:33:34 am »
He gets cranky if you release parking brakes before he has stopped waving twice.  :)

I have 120 degree surround screens with the green messages appearing at the top of my left screen. The walker could be to my right.
Could the ending be tidied up a bit with a brief audio cue for when you can proceed?
How about a "Hish, click" as the headset is disconnected? Saves repeatedly looking for the 'good trip' message or the end of the second wave?
I don't even see any of the messages altogether, as I have them disabled. In any event, once the walker is waving, the headset should have already been disconnected, so not sure how adding the headset disconnect sound would help.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 01:42:35 pm »

Wouldn't change anything, if you miss that "click", you might still not be sure if GSX has completed the service or not.

Of course, you can check this by opening the GSX menu: if the Pushback is completed, so you ARE free to release the parking brakes without nagging, it will read "Completed" so no, it's not as if you miss the waving, you don't have any means to know the status of a service.

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 11:16:33 pm »
Fair enough.  :)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 12:50:06 am »
Also, I don't know how you run your procedures when you fly, but once the push is completed and the parking brakes are set, that's when I set the flaps, shut the APU off, turn the packs on, and start going through the before taxi checklist. By the time I get done with everything, they're already long gone.
Captain Kevin

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 12:25:01 am »
Yes, you are correct. I do pretty well the same. It is just a shock if you are a but quick and get around to releasing the brake. That is a big 'boing' ('dumb guy') sound.  :)