FSDreamTeam forum
August 03, 2020, 02:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cyvr  (Read 118 times)
yancovitch

« on: July 30, 2020, 08:59:08 PM »

how do i download and re-install cyvr in fsx steam...with gsx??.....been away for quite awhile.....or is that not possible now? do i have to re-purchase?........i have my serial and order numbers
i tried downloading and installing gsx..and cyvr as recommended...............and the airport is totally empty....
hmmmmm....maybe it won't load in fsx beta version.....hmmmmm.....

(by the way, i noticed the pathway for both gsx and cyvr is program files (x86) addon manager)

should i ask a computer friendly friend of mine to follow your instructions here, and see what happens?......
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12435.0.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:04:45 PM by yancovitch » Logged
Dave_YVR
Beta tester

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:50:38 PM »

You have FSX Steam Edition, it's not a beta.
  You may have better success if you uninstall both GSX (including the addon manager) and CYVR. Restart the PC, download both CYVR and GSX again from http://www.fsdreamteam.com . Once downloaded, disable any system security and run the GSX setup as an administrator but select somewhere OTHER than the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.  Once GSX is completed, reboot again just to be safe and then do the same install with CYVR.
yancovitch

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »

thanks for your reply......ok i placed gsx and addon manager just in local disc C, and cyvr installed in the same place............no virus mask
(steam had a beta option.....but now i opted out of it)..........

...........shows  only van+ airport............

........it doesn't show up in scenery cfg

funny...i spent hours trying to find exactly where fsdt gsx-addon manager should be installed...absolutely nothing online......strange....it seemed to default to c:\x86

anyways....i uninstalled everything again including the addon manager folder until i get some answers...''song''..if it takes forever, i will wait for you Smiley....gotta have my cyvr  Smiley

oh....some of the efforts i made showed up in the scenery cfg as dream team exclude which i deleted...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:40:46 PM by yancovitch » Logged
Dave_YVR
Beta tester

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 06:34:30 PM »

Sorry, the finer points on how the scenery is added to FSX SE I have totally forgotten as I haven't used FSX in many years now and FSX SE even longer than that. I do remember some odd quirks due to FSX SE but I can't remember the details. Hopefully, Umberto can help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: