Author Topic: PLEASE use the new QF logo and font in future updates?  (Read 1560 times)

ozzieblr

PLEASE use the new QF logo and font in future updates?
« on: April 27, 2020, 06:18:13 am »
Dear development team,

GSX2 is a great program, and I really enjoy the value it adds to the flight sim experience at the airport!  Thanks to all the development team members.  However …

Several years ago now Qantas changed its logo and font, and it is yet to appear in GSX of GSX2.  Therefore every time you provide us an update, we Aussie and NZ users need to either grind out teeth and put up with the old logo, or go in an manually replace the logo with a new one, if we have the skill to create one.

For the sake of all Aussie and NZ users, could I please request that you use this texture file in future updates?  It will save a lot of frustration in our part of the world!

Keep up the good work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PLEASE use the new QF logo and font in future updates?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:53:37 am »
Sure but, if your issue was just the Live Update overwriting your custom texture, you could create a DONTUPDATE empty file in that folder, so the Live Update would skip it.

ozzieblr

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 02:31:54 am »
I did not know that - thank you!

So I just put a blank txt file there in the QF folder with the title DONTUPDATE?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:01:43 am »
Yes, but it must a file without any extension so, DONTUPDATE.TXT will not work. DONTUPDATE will.