Author Topic: NEW Realistic HUD for the Hornet  (Read 112362 times)

neutrino

Re: NEW Realistic HUD for the Hornet
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2009, 04:14:56 pm »
Any chance of the HUD being implemented into the Captain Sim Xload F/A-18D? I've tried merging the panel files, but haven't had much luck.  :-\
Sure, can you send me the original panel.cfg for the Captain Sim F/A-18D? Also you can tell me your native screen resolution and WideViewAspect setting (if changed)...

J.R.

Tony360

« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2009, 11:47:55 am »
Hey, sure!

The original panel file for Captain Sim Xload is attached to this post, and my screen resolution is 1280x1024. I haven't changed the WideViewAspect setting, and I play FSX windowed. :)

Thanks a lot!

PS: I managed to get the HUD itself working in the VC and 2D panel nicely, but all the extra panels (the radio stack and the SHIFT +2 panel with HUD settings such as the CAGE/ILS/HUD Power) wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:44:49 pm by Tony360 »

neutrino

« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2009, 04:20:00 pm »
Hi, I've attached the modified panel with all the necessary entries. I only couldn't put the precise numbers for your screen resolution (1280x1024) for the 2D HUD, because I am not at my FSX computer. I will be able to post the exact numbers in a week when I get back to my other PC.

J.R.

Hey, sure!

The original panel file for Captain Sim Xload is attached to this post, and my screen resolution is 1280x1024. I haven't changed the WideViewAspect setting, and I play FSX windowed. :)

Thanks a lot!

PS: I managed to get the HUD itself working in the VC and 2D panel nicely, but all the extra panels (the radio stack and the SHIFT +2 panel with HUD settings such as the CAGE/ILS/HUD Power) wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 06:02:38 pm by neutrino »

WilliamCall

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2009, 06:48:37 pm »
Hi, I've attached the modified panel with all the necessary entries. I only couldn't put the precise numbers for your screen resolution (1280x1024) for the 2D HUD, because I am not at my FSX computer. I will be able to post the exact numbers in a week when I get back to my other PC.

J.R.

Hey, sure!

Thanks a lot!

Neutrino,
     While we are on the subject, I've installed the HUD in the original acceleration F/A-18, and it works as advertised.  I've done the same thing for the Captain Sim F/A-18D, however, the count down clock doesn't work.  In otherwords, when I enter the TACAN and ILS frequencies for the Nimitz, I can navigate to the carrier and do an ILS approach, but when I open the radio panel and toggle the HUD clock to read time to intercept, all I get is:   00:00:00.0  .  Can you or one of the other guys see if you get the same result.  I would think that the functionality of the HUD clock would be independent of the aircraft.  Thanks!

Bill

wilycoyote4

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2009, 09:02:43 pm »
1280x1024 is a "standard" or "normal" resolution.  The ratio of 4:3 or 16:12.  Other examples of the same ratio are 800x600 or 1024x768.

It is not wide at 16:10 or 16:9 ratios.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:06:46 pm by wilycoyote4 »

neutrino

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2009, 09:18:31 pm »
Neutrino,
     While we are on the subject, I've installed the HUD in the original acceleration F/A-18, and it works as advertised.  I've done the same thing for the Captain Sim F/A-18D, however, the count down clock doesn't work.  In otherwords, when I enter the TACAN and ILS frequencies for the Nimitz, I can navigate to the carrier and do an ILS approach, but when I open the radio panel and toggle the HUD clock to read time to intercept, all I get is:   00:00:00.0  .  Can you or one of the other guys see if you get the same result.  I would think that the functionality of the HUD clock would be independent of the aircraft.  Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill, the functionality of the HUD is independent of the aircraft. If you are talking about the timer that gives ETA (or ETE) to the VOR, it does not work with the carrier TACAN. This is something I overlooked but I will add it in any future updates of the HUD.

J.R.

WilliamCall

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »
Neutrino,
     Thanks!  Yes, I"m talking about the ETE timer.  I am a little puzzled.  The ETE timer was working fine on my F/A-18A installation.  So, I was expecting it to work with my F/A-18D installation as well.  I'm on travel right now.  I'll look into this a little further, when I get home in a couple of days.  Thanks again!

Bill

SUBS17

« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:45 am »
Awesome work guys one problem though for some reason the 3d pit buttons and switches are harder to press since I put this mod in.

Hamel

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2010, 12:02:19 pm »
Great work.  Love it, no problems with the acceleration Hornet.  Little problem with using the HUD with Captain Sim FA-18D.  Even with the modified panel posted by neutrino if I use it on the "D" model I get two problems, undercarriage not showing (on ground and in air) but working and ailerons and elevators stopped functioning. Rudder still works???

Any ideas.

neutrino

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2010, 01:01:19 pm »
Could you check if you have this line in the [Vcockpit01] section of the panel.cfg:

gauge12=cs.fa18d!wload, 0, 0, 1, 1

Tony360

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2010, 02:31:26 am »
I have the same problem occasionally. Open up the payload window with shift+3 and just click on the button next to 'LOAD'. It'll fix it. :)

Hamel

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2010, 06:30:59 am »
Thanks I have the file and Tony360 quickfix worked  ;D

neutrino

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2010, 11:21:17 am »
Hey Tony, thanks for finding this fix !!!

J.R.

I have the same problem occasionally. Open up the payload window with shift+3 and just click on the button next to 'LOAD'. It'll fix it. :)

Tony360

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:28 pm »
No probs guys, I used to have the same problem as well.  ;)

Tregarth

« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2010, 04:58:06 pm »
I have read all of the posts on this site and found them very helpful.  I have seen a reference in Post 91 to a "caged" HUD.  What does this mean, please?  Why is it caged?  Has it escaped? if so how do you catch it?

I am not clear about setting TACAN frequency 47X, does this mean press "TCN", 4-7 and then the green X followed by "ENT".  I have tried this but the figures on the frequency display don't show 47X so I think I have done something wrong.

Thank you,

Tregarth