Author Topic: Prepar3d v5 dark glass jetways  (Read 1719 times)

Andre Mazany

Prepar3d v5 dark glass jetways
« on: April 20, 2020, 06:34:41 am »
hello,
      i have installed p3dv5 and GSX V2 latest install, when i load up an airport with SODE jetways the glass is all black instead of being a shiny blue, it seems the pbr is not working properly.
ive had this problem before in p3dv4 but was able to fix the problem by uninstalling the p3d content and reinstalling it.
ive tried doing that again but it didnt resolve the problem.
ive unistalled p3d v5 entirely and reinstalled but still no luck
tried uninstalling GSX still no luck
i still have p3dv4 and all is working fine there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3d v5 dark glass jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:20:30 am »
P3D V5 has a fairly different rendering of colors, with higher contrast and variations between different times of the day. You don't indicate a precise jetway model, so I took some screeenshots at FSDT Geneva, which has glass jetways, and as you can see, depending on the time of the day, they might give you the impression to be almost black, but they aren't.

We'll have to release a complete update of all jetways in the next weeks ( in order to make them compatible with AI ), so we might have a look to the textures as well, trying to find a compromise that would look equally good in P3D 4 and 5. They will never look exactly the same, though.

Also, note that with Enhanced Atmospheric, Dynamic reflections doesn't reflect the actual weather, this is a bug in P3D V5 which we know LM is working on.

Andre Mazany

Re: Prepar3d v5 dark glass jetways
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:28:50 am »
Thankyou for your response ill have a look at different times of day as you suggested
Kind regards