Author Topic: GSX - No ground crew voices, boarding sounds or catering trolley noises.  (Read 3848 times)

scotth6

Hi,

I am having an issue with GSX level 2 in P3DV4.

I ran the FSDT Live Update last week, and since then I am missing quite a few sounds.  I have tried running Live Update again, and also just did a full install of GSX.  When I call the ground crew for pushback I get the green message bar instructions, but no voices.  I also hear no boarding sounds and no catering trolley noises.  Another thing I do not hear is the "beep" sound which is the prompt for opening doors etc.

My sound device is selected in the settings, the volume is at maximum in the settings, and my speakers are set as default device on windows and selected in P3DV4.  What could be the issue here?  I feel like it's something simple, but I can not figure this one out.

Thanks.

jetfish

I have the same issues as reported by scott.
Have you received any feedback from FSDT?

scotth6

I have the same issues as reported by scott.
Have you received any feedback from FSDT?

Hi,

I actually figured the problem out eventually.  If you open the volume mixer in Windows 10, or 7, by right clicking your sound icon in the taskbar/notification window you should see that there is a separate volume channel for Couatl.  I had to open the mixer and then scroll the options across to see it.  My issue was that for some reason this volume control was set to zero.

Cheers,

jetfish

Hi, thanks for quick response. Was exactly the same on my PC. The volume for Couatle was set to zero, even though it was on max within GSX. Weird, I have never touched the sound mixer before...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 01:49:37 am by jetfish »

DVA12924

If you have sound issues with other addons or sounds including GSX sounds, go into Windows sound settings (left click on your speaker icon and click “open sound settings”), scroll down toward the bottom and click “sound control panel” (will open a new window showing your installed sound devices), click on communications tab, select “do nothing” apply and ok. This is with windows 10. I don’t know why, but it seems every time I add something new to the sim, the sounds for addons drops drastically to where you can almost not hear it (Pro ATC X, GSX, my VA ACARS sounds all drop way down but still show max volume in the mixer). If you’ve done those steps above before and the sound drops down again, go back to that configuration tab, you’ll see it’s already set at “do nothing” but change it to “reduce by50%” apply that (you’ll hear sound coming back), then select “do nothing” again, apply and ok again. That seems to work for me until I add something else. Not sure if this is a windows issue or a P3D issue, but since it impacts programs aside from GSX, it is not a GSX issue.

Avionixz

Sorry to jump on this thread.

What aircraft are you using?

If at the time you were using the FSLabs you need to make sure the INT volume knob on the ACP is turned on.

scotth6

Thanks both for the advice.  Much appreciated.

Chuck Dreier

MANY THANKS!  Yes, this is an old topic, but it saved so much time and a duplicate post.  My mixer had the Couati engine's volume disabled!