Author Topic: Couple of requests / Sound Override Question  (Read 1583 times)

mistyblue

Couple of requests / Sound Override Question
« on: April 06, 2020, 05:32:57 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Hope you and your team are well in your part of the world!  I was wondering if you might consider adding some features to this great program for us cockpit builders (sorry if they were already mentioned).

1. It would be nice to have enable/disable checkboxes for pilots and crew boarding.  Often, I start my sim from a turn-around state so I am already "on board" so I don't need to wait for the pilots and/or crew to board.

2. It would also be nice to turn on/off/adjust/assign to a specific sound card the sounds for ground crews, cabin chatter, etc.  This way I can disable sounds that may be handled by a different third party app, adjust volumes individually as needed, along with assigning where I want those sounds to go.  So for example, ground services might come out the main surround system, but ground crew chatter might come from a headset or overhead speakers.  Passenger chatter from the rear.  Etc.

Secondly, I have a question regarding a sound issue I'm having.  I notice that as soon as GSX pushback starts, my ProSim audio app on the same PC that provides various cockpit sounds (like fans) is muted.  As soon as pushback is complete the sounds come back.  Is there something I can check to prevent that from happening?  Not sure if it's coincidence, or something specific to GSX that's overriding the sound.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couple of requests / Sound Override Question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:34:27 pm »
1. It would be nice to have enable/disable checkboxes for pilots and crew boarding.  Often, I start my sim from a turn-around state so I am already "on board" so I don't need to wait for the pilots and/or crew to board.

This has been already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20789.msg155597.html#msg155597

2. It would also be nice to turn on/off/adjust/assign to a specific sound card the sounds

This has been also discussed many times, and it's planned for a future update.

I notice that as soon as GSX pushback starts, my ProSim audio app on the same PC that provides various cockpit sounds (like fans) is muted.  As soon as pushback is complete the sounds come back.  Is there something I can check to prevent that from happening?  Not sure if it's coincidence, or something specific to GSX that's overriding the sound.

See if this threads helps:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23267.0.html

mistyblue

Re: Couple of requests / Sound Override Question
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:43:40 am »
Thanks Umberto.  Sorry, I guess I should have spent more time looking.  I appreciate the reference and glad to hear these things will be/are addressed regarding crew and sound card settings.

I'll give the sound card option a try.  That sounds like it may be the issue. 

Kind regards!