Author Topic: Captain Sim 757-300 baggage  (Read 1482 times)

DVA12924

Captain Sim 757-300 baggage
« on: March 03, 2020, 08:31:46 am »
It seems that even when loading the Captain Sim 757-300 with 8,000 pounds forward and 8,000 pounds aft with baggage and cargo, GSX Level 2 will only use 1 trip, 3 carts, with 3 or 4 bags per cart each on forward and the same on aft. This means that my baggage is loaded before the crew is even on board yet, much less passengers start loading. That comes out to about 667 pounds per bag. This seems highly inaccurate in the timing. Loading passengers is a good timing, but baggage is WAY too fast.

Is there a way to slow the baggage loading and unloading without adding more weight? I’m using the config file that can be found here on the forum posted February 2019 (everything lines up perfectly, just wanna slow down the baggage timing or add extra trips with more bags).

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Captain Sim 757-300 baggage
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 08:49:00 am »
As far as I'm aware, the cargo loading was always done with one trip. The baggage train only ever came with three carts at most, so there's no way to fix that. The container loader has five containers at most.
Captain Kevin

DVA12924

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 08:52:54 am »
That all sounds correct for what I’m seeing. But again, it’s highly unrealistic for that much baggage to be loaded in 1 minute. It takes significantly longer for aircraft that use containers.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 09:58:26 am »
Unless they plan on changing something in the animation, there's not really much you can do about it. Part of the problem is that GSX can only do one thing at a time because the vehicles would collide into each other if it didn't. So you couldn't really have catering start happening as the de-boarding was taking place. Likewise, you couldn't start loading cargo immediately after you finished unloading. Looking at the ACAP sheet, a Boeing 757-300 can be turned around in 55 minutes, assuming 243 passengers on board being deplaned at 18 per minute and boarding at 9 per minute. Baggage unloading is assumed to be 15 bags per minute with loading being 10 bags per minute. The ACAP sheet is also indicating that passenger de-boarding, cargo unloading, galley servicing, and refueling are all started at the same time with new bags being loaded immediately after the bags from the previous flight got unloaded, which isn't possible with GSX. Ultimately, it's a fine balance between what's realistic and what's reasonable. It says here the forward cargo hold can be unloaded and reloaded in 28 minutes, and the aft cargo hold can be unloaded and reloaded in 35 minutes. If the entire turnaround was done in real-time with GSX only being able to do one thing at a time, you'd probably be looking at an hour and a half for a turn for the 757, I am guessing, and I don't know if anybody would really want that.

That said, the container loading isn't really any better. I've noticed that even with five containers per container train, the containers are still being loaded and unloaded even after the passengers have been completely boarded and de-boarded for the 747-400. Not what I would call realistic, considering a 747-400 can carry 32 containers, but what else are you going to do. Start throwing in more containers, and the turn would easily take two hours or so given the speed that GSX gets anything done.
Captain Kevin