Author Topic: Taxi Issues  (Read 6706 times)

passat99

Taxi Issues
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:53:13 pm »
Is anyone else having this problem?  When i request taxi to gate i am being given a parking spot. I dont remember where exactly it is, i will get that info if needed.  Any one know of a fix for this.  It doesnt happen everytime but the last three times it has.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Taxi Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:07:28 am »
Are you requesting taxi to the gate, or to the stand?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

passat99

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:19:27 am »
I request taxi to gate.  Ive never seen to stand before. MS ATC gives option for taxi to gate, taxi to parking, and the third one is to fueling i beleive. ive seen talk on the net that you can modify files but im not sure if this is related to KFLL or the aircraft i am using. The same thing happens to me with St. Maarten( FlyTampa).

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 02:09:26 am »
I find it depends on the aircraft and carrier. You can add to aircraft config. As in -atc_parking_codes=DAL
                                                                                                              atc_parking_codes=GATE.
DAL is for Delta Airline so you need to enter whatever you use. This works for me at KORD,KFLL and KLAS.
Gate can be changed for CARGO as well.

passat99

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:20:08 am »
I will try adding those lines and see what happens. I was also wandering if its what taxi runway i am taking coming off the of 9L or 9R, because i read that FSX picks the closest radius space that matches your aircraft. so i am fixing to try exiting further down off the runway or something like that and see.

Thanks Skimmer

passat99

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 01:36:57 am »
Well i use the same aircraft which is a Continental livery for the default 737 and tried a further down the runway exit but it did not work. ATC still took me all the way around past the gates and sent me to the same parking spot that i now know is being called Gate 44. Go figure! I installed those lines in the file now Skimmer and i am fixing to try it out. I will post if it works or not.

passat99

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 04:03:54 am »
It Worked!  I modified the aircraft file and took a flight, landed and called for taxi to gate and received a taxi to gate Charlie3. I really appreciate it Skimmer. Your making my headaches a little lighter. I owe you one. 

Thanks

skimmer

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 05:06:40 am »
Cool,that that worked out for you. :)