Author Topic: Embedded stairs  (Read 1994 times)

pijnackerpilot

Embedded stairs
« on: December 13, 2019, 10:21:01 pm »
Hello all,

I have a question regarding embedded staircase. For a few weeks now I am flying the NGXu, doing some flights in name of our favourite Irish LCC. As you know, their a/c are equipped with airstairs. Once I load the plane and select the airstars to deply and then activate GSX services the program detects the staircase and won't spawn a staircase for door L1. When I land however I usually select a gate while taxiing so that the ground services are standing by when I arrive at my gate. Because the airstairs are then still retracted GSX will spawn a staircase for door L1 which I won't be needing. Is there a way to work around this? I tried to search for an answer in the manual but I couldn't find anything.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks for helping out.

Daniel W.

pijnackerpilot

Re: Embedded stairs
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 10:15:48 pm »
A small bump...

Anyone any info on this? I would very much appreciate it.  :)

Beat578

Re: Embedded stairs
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 07:17:04 am »
I don't think it will be possible. As far as i see it, GSX Reads the xml that says if the airstair is deployed or not. But of course that can only be changed after you parked your plane and put the stairs out. GSX can not guess if you intend to use it. So the only way to prevent the stair from arriving would be calling gsx AFTER you deployed the stairs, so it has the correct variable. Or to disable the stairs at all for a parking, but then you won't have your back stairs as well.
Beat578